Associate Product Manager (Accepting Applicants for January 2022 Start) at Klaviyo
Associate Product Managers at Klaviyo are passionate about building products that delight users and exceed expectations. This is why Klaviyo is so successful at ensuring product-market fit. Join Klaviyo to learn first-hand what makes building products at Klaviyo so special. You’ll be challenged to do your best work, and the company’s fast growth ensures that opportunities abound.Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 days, you’ll get acclimated to Klaviyo and our product:
- During the first two weeks, you’ll be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product.
- Like all Product Managers at Klaviyo you will spend time in Support, helping customers work through issues. There’s no better way to get a holistic understanding of the product, and to get to know our customers first hand.
- Be paired with an experienced Product Manager, and start learning from someone who has mastered their craft. Assume ownership of an area or aspect of the product, while being supported by one of Klaviyo’s best product managers.
In your first 60 days, you’ll continue learning from the best while starting to contribute to Klaviyo’s success:
- Continue your learning, with training materials on topics like customer interactions, feature prioritization, and product analytics.
- Interact with lots of customers to build the context necessary to build great product features.
- Have a quick impact by spec’ing and building your first projects.
In your first 90 days, you will continue your learning while increasing your influence on Klaviyo’s success:
- You will take your learning to the next level, and start sharing your newly-gained knowledge with the larger product team. We value learning and growth very highly.
- You will gain more independence in your spec’ing and building of projects, thereby increasing your pace of delivery.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- You’ll learn Klaviyo’s successful way of building products, and you’ll learn from product managers who have mastered their craft. This will help you to, in turn, master the craft.
- The ultimate measure of success for Product Managers at Klaviyo is driving business outcomes. That’s why we focus on tracking, analyzing, and improving metrics for each area of our product, with a particular focus on driving the results we target.
- We cannot build products that exceed our customer’s expectations without truly understanding those customers. That’s why Associate Product Managers at Klaviyo spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers. At Klaviyo, knowledge about our customers is power.
- Someone who joins Klaviyo must be exceptional at articulating their thinking through the written word. As a company, our success is gated on collectively being great and prolific communicators.
Who You Are
- Existing Associate Product Manager who wants to be a part of the Klaviyo success story, and learn the Klaviyo way of building products
- Active Learner - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges.
- Collaborator and Communicator - you will collaborate with all teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role.
- Great Spec Writer - you will define every use case a customer would consider, document potential ways to solve, identify outstanding concerns, flag edge cases, and leave no stone unturned. We sweat the details and are passionate about making sure that every experience is understood, anticipated, and handled elegantly.
- Ambitious in Shipping Features - you will get value into customer hands. For all of the work that goes into planning and coordination, we stay focused on delivering improved solutions and experiences every day.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.