Associate Data Analyst
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Do you know SQL? Do you love data analytics and learning new skills? Then we'd love to hear from you! The role of Associate Data Analyst will be instrumental in elevating ezCater's ability to be a data driven product organization.
We are hiring for two roles, one analyst working with our Product Department and one analyst working with our Customer Service Department.
The Associate Data Analyst - Customer Service will work cross functionally with customer service leaders, supervisors, product managers, and engineers, providing key insights and suggestions to better serve our customers. This position will be focused on analysis and reporting related to improving our customer service efficiency.
The Associate Data Analyst - Product will work cross functionally with product managers, engineers, and designers in Product (with an emphasis on the ezDispatch product). This position will be focused on analysis and reporting related to improving ezCater’s core products.
Both roles will function very similarly, but if you have a preference between the two, please let us know in your cover letter- if you're not sure, that's fine too!
What you’ll do:
- Support various product teams by providing them with the data related tools and dashboards they need to monitor key metrics related to experiments and initiatives.
- Dive into ezCater’s order, customer service, and product data and be familiar with all the facets of the business and how they tie together.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and data extractions. We all clamor for these constantly, but sometimes you’ll be testing your own hypotheses.
- Quantify potential efficiencies and develop monitoring for any implemented.
- Add to our ranks of ‘data champions’ across the company, by making our data accessible and your conclusions useful.
- Acquire invaluable experience with hands-on data analysis and solving very real and very impactful business problems.
- In the early stages of your analytics career but love diving deep into the data weeds and learning as much as you can in the process.
- SQL proficient and are passionate about self improvement.
- Analytically Minded: You’re rigorous in taking a data driven approach to problem solving.
- Communicative: You’re able to explain your analysis and findings in straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Collaborative: You have demonstrated experience working with others and understand how to effectively help them meet their needs.
- A Proactive Learner: You might not know all the answers, but you understand how to do your own research and ask the right questions to get to what you need to know.
- Experienced with data manipulation and/or visualization (R, Python, Excel), experience with A/B testing & experiment design, basic knowledge of applied statistics. (Nice to have, not necessary)
Please include a cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for ezCater and why ezCater is a great fit for you.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.