Agronomy Product Innovation Manager
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Agronomy Product Innovation Manager connects Indigo Agronomy with other innovation hubs at Indigo. This role will serve as a sounding board for product development, giving agronomic and real world advice for product development that feeds sustainable agricultural practices. This individual is also the beta tester, version improver, and creative thinker on how an agronomist or grower would use the technology. This role reports to the Director of Agronomy Innovation.
- Partner with Indigo Innovation to identify technology solutions for transitioning growers in the adoption of regenerative ag practices and real-world agronomy problems.
- Support product development through agronomic and practical advice
- Test new products and software in the field and identify opportunities for improvement
- Manage deployment of new technologies to the field team and drive adoption through effective training
- Maintain and evaluate product performance
- Collect and report field base opinions and suggestions to developers
- Scale and deliver support to teams adopting new innovative solutions
- Develop and deliver new management strategies with new technologies that can become agronomic revenue streams.
- Collaborative work with IRP and Innovation to scale and deliver road tested technology to field team
- Develop sound novel management strategies through farm financial modeling and analysis.
- Agronomy expertise and demonstrated experience in working with growers in adopting new technology.
- Project management
- Ability to distill farm-based problems into actionable new initiatives
- Ability to leverage new technologies to influence farming practices and profitability.
- Practically-minded and inductive thinker
- Understanding of product development and launch process
- Strong verbal, written communications and organization skills
- Thrives in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to change in a moment’s notice
- Strategic, forward-facing vision to proactively start new initiatives
- Thrives in a learning environment
- Demonstrated applied learning for new technologies
- Discover and vet market research to define opportunities with products.
- Results and process driven
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated ability to embrace new technology
- Understands and embodies our purpose & core values
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions
- BS degree and MS in ag-related subject required
- 5+ years of experience in ag business
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and deploying new agricultural products.
- Familiar with statistical analysis and data visualization software.
- Passionate and influential about the realized gains of sustainable ag practices.