Position Summary: This role manages the product for a functional area. PO for 1-2 scrum teams or building backlog understanding for future initiative.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
60% Interpreting strategy into visions and actionable plans for the product
- Creates multi-release product roadmaps (multi-release) and communicates internally, noting the stages and timelines for various work.
- Determines whether experiments, alpha and/or beta stages are needed to determine Product-Market fit and appropriately defines and utilizes them
- Works with the Product Leadership to prioritize problems or themes to reach the outcomes
- Defines the outcome for sprints and releases, and prioritizes the initiatives for the scrum teams.
- Works with the UX team to identify and understand the user problems and requirements.
- Analyzes the scope of the product area and makes decisions about the actions needed on how to proceed to realize the outcomes outlined in the product strategy
- Conduct analysis for new initiatives; gathers information, end user feedback and experiments to reduce uncertainty
- Identifies product gaps and defines requirements to fill these product gaps
40% Executing on products with a cross-functional team
- Works with the developers and designers to build a product that meets the expected outcomes and market needs.
- Works with both UX and Development to understand design or technology implications in solution ideas.
- Build, groom and prioritize the backlog
- Articulates crisp user requirements, user stories and documentation
- Communicates requirements and constraints and facilitates the team in a brainstorm to figure out how to best satisfy needs from the customer and the business.
- Works with the product leadership to recommend the best course of action to achieve intents.
- Verifies and provides feedback on requirements as delivered to ensure they are solving business problems
- Gains alignment from multiple stakeholders; recognize the need for alignment
- Understands product dependencies and negotiates the trade-offs with the appropriate product managers.
- Participates in scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospective
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 7+ years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 3-5 years of product management experience
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams desired
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment a plus
- Experience testing and validating value of products in the market
- Demonstrated success at driving vision and prioritization of products in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Ability to explain your positioning to various people around the company in an effective way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior leaders and customers
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ability to focus on the desired outcomes and value for both the business and the customers when making decisions regarding execution and delivery.
- Ability to work in conjunction with engineering and design estimate the level of effort, dependencies, blockers, and contingencies.
- Ability to understand the value of and can create strong problem