Workplace Coordinator at Alyce
Hi there! We are Alyce, a quickly growing software startup in Boston. Our vision is to make every business relationship more human. Through the power of personalized gifting, we are able to help companies build more meaningful and “real” connections with those around them. We get to come to work every day and help others bring smiles
Are you ready to showcase your skills in a highly visible role as the Workplace Coordinator for a dynamic and growing company? Alyce is looking to hire a Workplace Coordinator who has amazing customer relations skills to provide the highest level of customer service to colleagues. To be successful in this role, you must enjoy working with people and embody the work ethic and "can do" attitude that will allow you to seamlessly multi-task and follow through on a wide variety of projects. You'll interact with every department within our organization, one of the benefits of being in such a visible role.
This position requires the handling of all information with professionalism and integrity. As part of our dynamic environment, you will feel a sense of accomplishment as you develop your technical, social, and administrative skills, as well as see your efforts contribute to meeting the needs of our overall team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As the main point of contact for our team in the Boston office, your day will start by opening the office, turning on the lights and confirming all TV’s and meeting spaces are ready for the days' meetings. Next, you will review the executive member's schedules, confirming all needed lunch orders are placed and conference rooms are booked. Next, check each conference room schedule for any declined meetings that needs to be booked into a new conference space, along with removing any meetings that have been canceled.
Now it is time to stock the kitchen for the day, along with organizing the pantry and taking inventory. Finally, it is 9 am and the team will start trickling into the office and peppering you with request and questions. Prioritization is key as some requests will be more important/time sensitive pulling you away from your other duties.
Once you finish the kitchen you will have a chance to review your emails and order all need food or supplies you need from the inventory you took while setting the kitchen up. Be prepared to be interrupted about every 5 -7 minutes: employees needing assistance for a variety of reasons, broken laptops, TVs not working, outgoing mail, software issues, help to book a hotel and/or travel, incoming deliveries and more. It is important to attend to the packages, and mail as they arrive so it does not pile up, as it tends to do so quickly. By now everyone will have made lunch plans, 60% of the office may eat out for lunch, as we are located close to Downtown & South Station making it hard to choose what to eat for lunch every single day!
After lunch, you will most likely come back to deliveries - such as the groceries you ordered in the morning will arrive, usually, seltzer will need to be restocked after lunch as well. For the rest of the day, guests will visit the office, interview candidates will be walking in, and employees will be reaching out for assistance with projects. It will be your job to keep these interviews on track, making sure each team member is starting on time. Time flies and now it's 5 pm and you will wonder where the day went! I can promise you no two days will be the same, and you will never find yourself bored during the day, it is a fast paced office with a number of balls in the air at all times!
No matter the day or what is happening you must possess a zest and enthusiasm for welcoming all of our guests and passion for and providing our employees with a best in class office experience.
In addition, the following responsibilities are yours:
- Office budget and follow up including ordering and purchasing of all office supplies.
- Manage office facilities including furniture, kitchen area, meeting rooms. Order office supplies, and ensure that common areas and kitchen are equipped and kept clean.
- Nurture and maintain positive working relationships with all company vendors, cleaners and property management company.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of facilities, office equipment, and technology for the office.
- Support office moves and build-outs.
- Recommend office improvements to enhance our culture and employee wellness.
- Support the Operations team and other department with unique tasks and projects s they become available.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years, experience in an office manager or administrative role.
- A positive, can-do attitude with excellent written/verbal communication, superior organizational, follow-up, and multi-tasking skills for a fast-paced office.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a poised and professional demeanor
- A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work with the ability to take on full ownership of assigned work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Able to lift 50lbs and move office furniture and supplies
- Team player with a hunger to learn.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Gmail, and Google Calendar.
- Bachelors, Degree or equivalent office management experience.
Still with us?
If you share our values and believe that “give first and give often” leads to a better professional and personal life, we want you to join our team of 100 globally (30 in our Boston headquarters) near South Station. This role reports to the Head of Operations.
Come join our growing team!