Workforce Manager, Command Center at Grubhub
Grubhub is looking for a highly collaborative, data-driven Manager to join our Workforce Management team. The Workforce Management team is focused on Call Center Operations - we surface insights that drive productivity and performance across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for meeting service objectives, and initiating proactive and appropriate action around opportunities in staffing, planning, and command functions through a real-time lens. You will ensure that communication, and team engagement are priorities. Exceptional decision making and initiation skills are essential. You will be guiding analyst priorities and development; understanding the 'who, what, and whys' of our business. Working cross-functionally is fundamental as you support the team digging into trends, and surface opportunities that create impact and value. To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.
The Impact You Will Make
- Works successfully in a team environment creating effective relationships with business stakeholders
- Resolves team conflict and executes strategies to meet team performance expectations
- Responsible for career development for direct reports
- Understands team impact on other business operations and influences results
- Partners with analysts to ensure optimization of WFM plan
- Shares accountability when delegating
- Ensures staff have the skills and resources to get things done successfully
- Drives proactive communication, analysis and data engagement; making recommendations to improve results
- Analyzes and evaluates workforce metrics to improve human resource efficiency maximizing labor utilization rates.
- Collaborates to proactively meet SLA's based on contact volumes, handle times, and staffing requirements for multiple departments within the Grubhub Care organization
- Acts as a subject matter expert in WFM driving a rigorously analytical approach to digesting and communicating performance trends
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills while considering the big pictures and impact on results.
Leadership & Partnership
- Leads a team of WFM Command Center Analysts and Sr. Analysts
- Acts as knowledge leader assisting to create synergy between short term planning and command efforts
- Acts in conjunction with other WFM leaders as WFM point of contact for the organization
- Partners with Reporting & Analytics to create digestible summaries and business insight for Care leadership
- Collaborates to ensure the plan is met and that command center is well positioned to provide WFM guidance to both in house and outsourced operations teams
- Partners with departments that cross-functionally influence Care (Marketing, Product, Finance, Talent Acquisition, etc.)
- Proactively communicates deficiencies and plans to resolve
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience or equivalent relevant industry and technological experience in workforce management
- 3+ years of formal management / team leadership experience required
- Excellent Excel skills and data analysis acumen
- Able to draw accurate conclusions from raw data, and provide suggestions to address gaps
- Continuous improvement mindset including the ability to skillfully manage change
- Demonstrates professionalism, tact, and a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently problem solve, plan and organize resources; calculated decision-maker
- Exercises initiative; highly self-motivated and driven by a fast-paced environment
- Ability to network, and build effective relationships across organizations collaborating with senior leaders on key initiatives
- Leads and oversees individual team function (command center)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]