VP of Customer Support at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about building meaningful long term relationships with our customers that help them grow and scale their business in the cloud and create experiences that they love.
We are hiring a VP of Customer Support responsible for developing and delivering the strategy that ensures our customers are successful on our platform. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP of Customer Support will lead the DO Customer Support function and its teams that make up a core pillar of DigitalOcean’s brand known for delivering an amazing customer experience across every interaction. Successful candidates will have a successful track record of running innovative Customer Support programs and increased customer retention and customer adoption.What You’ll Be Doing:
- You'll lead, build and develop strategies for our 24x7 Customer Support teams who interact with over 600,000+ accounts.
- Support our Growth and Onboarding initiatives through world-class Customer Experience in our Service offerings, by improving our SLOs, customer satisfaction, and NPS scores, and evaluating and implementing new support channels
- Implementing repeatable and scalable processes and strategies to help customers in their journey and ensure the different teams can scale with the growing customer base
- Developing the right set of analytics to provide business insights into product quality and product adoption and help measure customer & product satisfaction
- Improve our Support tooling strategy that drives customer experience and agent scale and productivity
- Focusing on lifetime value to ensure that we’re building the set of services to support our customers as their needs grow and become more complex
- Working cross-functionally across the business with product, engineering, marketing, and others to deliver feedback, inform the value proposition and ensure the overall experience is seamless and focused on the customer’s needs
- An affinity for customers and strong leadership and people management experience
- A bias toward action, alignment and productive collaboration
- A reference-able track record of success as a customer support leader at a SaaS, professional IT services company or enterprise software company
- Ability to work with leaders and teams from across the organization in Engineering, Product, UX, Sales, and Post Sales
- A zeal for continuous improvement in how we support our customers and communities, and employees in support
- Past work experience in technical account management, customer support, or success
- Current knowledge of industry trends in Customer Support including best practices, and progressive, cutting edge CRM and Support tools
- An eye for identifying and removing friction from the support process (e.g. developing and implementing internal service tooling to automate processes)
- Expertise in support operations and measuring success via customer support metrics and KPIs
- Proficient understanding of Web/Mobile/Infrastructure app development & architecture
- Has worked with highly technical and demanding customers who are running critical production workloads and demand enterprise performance from their vendor's product and services.
- Is a strong coach for senior managers, developing leadership in his org for greater scale in the future
- Is a highly engaged people manager and is seen as a role model and leader in the organization
- Has recruited top high performing talent and retained them while growing their careers with the company
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!