VP Customer Service – Efficiency and Effectiveness
ezCater is indisputably the category leader in catering marketplaces, in the US and now also in Europe. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order food for meetings, lunch’n’learns, lunch for all the employees, road shows, and more.
Our multi-sided marketplace connects catering buyers with restaurants and restaurants with couriers. Every side of our marketplace feels, correctly, that it’s #1 in our hearts. They’ve felt this at every stage of ezCater, from two-person start-up to a billion dollars, and we want them to continue to feel this even as we grow 10X more in the next 3 years. We need you to invent new, and refine existing, processes so this can be true, at industry-leading low cost and with industry-leading high CSR satisfaction.
Under our insanely helpful, personable, and funny skin, ezCater is hard-nosed, technology-enabled, and measurement-driven. Be caring enough to improve our high client review scores and low CSR turnover rates; be efficiency-hungry enough to make everything work faster, better, cheaper – without increasing anybody’s stress level. And, be big enough to help us get to $2B in 2020 and $10B in 2022, while still willing to do hands-on work.
At ezCater, you’ll:
- Be responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the 500 (soon to be 1,000+) CSRs who support all of our constituents. Our people are in multiple sites across the US and Europe, in office, work-from-home, and outsourced set-ups.
- Lead the teams that help you do your work. Today those teams includes scheduling, workforce management, training, quality assurance, and strategic projects.
- Refine the processes and tools we have in place – and invent, buy, or build different and better ones when it’s time to do so. We don’t have sacred cows.
- Work closely with our data analysts to invent and refine metrics, ferret out problems, calculate ROIs, and track improvements. We’re huge believers in the enabling power of objective-yet-nuanced data.
- Work closely with our software developers to build or buy better tooling. We’re huge believers in the enabling power of clever-yet-pragmatic technology.
- Work closely with our CSRs and their leaders, helping roll out your refinements and new processes, and ensuring they’re practicable and welcomed by the CSRs.
Ideally, you have:
- Successful stints in at least two companies that grew fast, made swift decisions, and made and recovered from mistakes
- 10+ years of recent experience responsible for Customer Service Operations, including multiple call centers
- A penchant for metrics. If you timed your toaster for the perfect crunch, depending on the type of bread and how the bread was stored, that wouldn’t be too much
- A proven bent for software. Please have successfully installed systems used by hundreds of people; if at least one of those was proprietary, it would be even better
- The proven ability to optimize large and multifaceted functions
- A real love of people and of service. Believe that companies flourish when their employees do, and customers flourish when their CSRs are respected and happy
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex contracts to true win-wins
- A high degree of comfort with budgets and ROI calculations. If you used Excel to track your toaster timings, so much the better
- Creativity and entrepreneurial thinking. When I said, “No sacred cows”, did I mention we challenge conventions?
- A bachelor’s degree. An MBA might be even better
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get:
Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in Boston’s financial district, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.