VP of Corporate Development at Klaviyo
As the VP of Corporate Development you will set the overall strategy for Klaviyo’s approach to inorganic growth. You will build a deep understanding of industry trends and build and manage relationships with key players in Klaviyo’s market. You will work closely with the Klaviyo leadership team to turn this insight into actionable opportunities to use inorganic growth to further Klaviyo’s mission and strategy, and further accelerate our fast growth trajectory. You will be responsible for the full deal lifecycle: creating a pipeline of opportunities, negotiating and structuring deal terms, and seeing acquisitions and strategic investments through to successful execution and integration.
How you will make a difference:
- Craft Klaviyo’s inorganic strategy in conjunction with our leadership team.
- Immerse yourself in the global market in which Klaviyo operates, building relationships with partners, competitors, startups, banks, VCs, and other industry players, providing valuable insight into the evolution of the market to Klaviyo leadership.
- Create a process to identify potential investment opportunities and prioritize effectively, aligning to strategic objectives.
- Build strong relationships with and act as primary point of contact to possible opportunities.
- Partner closely with our internal teams to assess opportunities and execution feasibility and drive internal decision-making.
- Run the deal process end-to-end: develop investment theses, model out business cases, conduct due diligence, negotiate deal structure and terms, identify risks and mitigations, and close deals.
- Create detailed execution and implementation plans to ensure deal success.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development in a large software company.
- Extensive previous deal experience, demonstrating mastery of all aspects of successfully driving the corporate development lifecycle from identification through execution.
- Proven ability to lead the deal process end-to-end with minimal oversight.
- Experience with SaaS, ecommerce, or similar internet businesses strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to align internal stakeholders, negotiate with deal partners, and outline execution and implementation workstreams.
- Strategic, operational, and quantitative thinker.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.