Vice President, Growth at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a VP of Growth. As part of this opportunity, you will focus on accelerating top-line growth through deep insights into our market landscape and customers. Growth drivers will include market segmentation, positioning, sales strategy, new market entry, and packaging/pricing initiatives. You will partner closely with leadership across the revenue organization to aggressively scale the revenue of our B2B product offerings. This is an exciting position as CarGurus enters its next stage of growth and will report to our Executive Vice President of North American Revenue.
The requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard and fast rules. To work at CarGurus, you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills and want the opportunity to be considered – please feel free to apply.
What you will do:
- Identify, initiate and lead growth strategy initiatives, enabling rapid revenue growth in collaboration with sales leadership and senior partners across departments
- Rapidly assess opportunities and build a data supported business cases for (or against) new business lines, products, and partnerships, driving close collaboration with teams across CarGurus and its subsidiaries
- Drive monetization of existing and new offerings- setting a commercialization strategy, operationalizing processes for new initiatives, and measuring outcomes
- Own the business-critical metrics related to growth including the achievement of monthly and quarterly KPIs
- Coordinate with sales, product, and marketing to assess client and industry needs/ trends and identify possible solutions
- Analyze competitive landscape and apply key insights
- Build forecasts and performance metrics aimed at maximizing customer acquisition and revenue while creating a cohesive experience across all methods of customer contact.
Who you are:
- 12+ years’ experience in growth/revenue, strategy, or a related field
- Results-motivated individual, combining a quantitative outlook with the ability to prioritize, empower and lead partners across the company to inspire change
- Experienced demand generation leader who has helped scale a fast-growing SaaS business and has successfully led and mentored a team.
- Highly focused on driving revenue and demand generation programs, building SaaS demand generation best practices, experimenting, and iterating.
- Creative problem solver with an ability to assemble innovative solutions and execute.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working within an evolving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative, comfortable leading across a matrixed organization
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.