Vice President, Global Channels at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Vice President, Global Channels
Nuance is looking to hire an exceptional sales leader as its next Vice President Global Channels. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Worldwide Enterprise Sales, this person is accountable for defining Global Channel Strategies, programs, governance model and growth plans of Nuance channel partners.
This role oversees a global view of all partner activity including new partner assessment/recruitment, partner channel certification, and channel support programs across our current and new partnership alliances, channel operations and diagnostics. This includes the development of an overall go-to-market strategy in partnership with the regional VPs, along with a framework for driving consistency in the execution of that strategy across the world. This role partners with various functions within Nuance to define and promote the execution of the Global go-to-market strategy for channel sales of Nuance Enterprise products across voice & digital engagement, and security & biometrics. This person is expected to provide thought leadership and direction setting around channel segmentation and channel strategy.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Accelerating Worldwide Channel Bookings Growth and Contribution
- Globally increasing the mutual productivity of key Nuance sales channels, and identifying strategic areas for expansion, including cloud/recurring/subscription business models, and new market trends for “marketplace” program with ISVs
- Defining enablement programs for existing channel partners; mapping common objectives and complementary strategies; defining training needs by region and resources
- Developing marketing programs to create awareness and demand for company products, and playing a dynamic role in introducing programs and initiatives that ensure successful, broad deployment of our products/services
- Identifying and addressing tactical barriers to channel sales growth
- Managing Channel Programs and Policies
- Partnering with Channel Marketing & Sales Operations
The Vice President will direct a team that includes:
- Global ISVs/OEMs
- International/regional VARs & Telco channel partners
- Global Channel Program
This role will also be expected to provide mentoring, influence, and direction to members of the Sales and BU management team outside of the Channel function.
The ideal candidate for the position Vice President Global Channels would have the following key personal characteristics and capability attributes:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science; MBA preferred
Minimum years of experience: 15
- Technology product industry experience, with a preference for software (Intelligent Customer Engagement / AI)
- Deep Understanding of and experience working with an indirect channel sales model
- Comprehension of and familiarity working with large systems integrators and/or ISVs
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; proven ability to deliver projects, manage large teams and multi-project complexity and requiring management of budgets and work plans for multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated success managing large sales teams ($300M+) in a complex, rapidly growing environment
- Familiarity with the strategic design of back-office systems (e.g. CRM) required to promote a large Sales operation; ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Demonstrable success in directing in a matrix organization. Ability to create a “followership” from people outside of its direct team
- Excellent communication (oral, writing and presentation skills)
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong fit within the Nuance culture of respect, humility, integrity, and conviction while demonstrating a bias for execution excellence and results orientation.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.