Vice President of Clinical Sciences
GNS Healthcare is on a mission to enable the better matching of drugs and other health interventions to individual patients to cure disease, improve health outcomes, and reduce the total cost of care. By leveraging massive amounts of patient data and breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and machine learning technology, GNS is bringing a new level of personalization and precision to patients through our biopharma companies, health plan, and patient foundation partners. GNS is dedicated to making personalized medicine a reality in diseases including oncology, auto-immune diseases, neurology, cardiometabolic, and rare diseases.
If you’re interested in our vision of improving medicine and curing disease through data and technology, you can help us make a difference!
We are currently searching for an exceptional scientist/clinical scientist to lead our company’s effort to create and apply the world’s first in silicocancer patient computer model capable of accurately simulating efficacy and control arms of randomized controlled trials, drug comparative effectiveness, and line of therapy optimization. This effort builds upon solid proof-of-concept results and validation and early commercialization efforts and over a decade of peer-reviewed research. This breakthrough is key to making precision medicine a reality and scaling its application in clinical drug development, drug commercialization, and patient care. We have the backing of the several of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, health insurance companies, patient foundations, and financial investors to make this vision a reality.
Clinical oncology experience is a requirement and experience in computational biology, machine learning/AI, genomics and large-scale patient data is a major plus. The ideal candidate is an accomplished clinical scientist (M.D., PhD, or MD PhD) with a history of accomplishment at the intersection of clinical oncology, drug development and/or commercialization, and computational sciences in either a start-up, biotech, pharma, health system, payer, or health IT setting. We’re looking for a proactive communicator with an ability to engage in important, multidisciplinary conversations at multiple levels both within the company and externally with biopharma and health plan partners, regulators, strategic data partners, medical societies (e.g. NCCN, ASCO, etc.), patient foundations (e.g. MMRF, Alliance for Oncology), and Academic Medical Centers. We are offering a key role on the leadership committee to a person who has extraordinary drive and passion in this area, a solid track record of success, organizational and operational talent, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Turning the current vision roadmap into a refined development and clinical validation strategy
- Overseeing data acquisition, data integration, model development and simulation, insight generation and clinical validation
- Driving both the internal in silicopatient development efforts and multi-year co-development efforts with biopharma and health plan partners
- Partnering closely with the leadership team to advance these developments & growth of company value
- Working with COO, CEO, and other key members of the executive committee to execute development plan with corresponding assignments of responsibility and accountability, KPIs, and timely achievement of milestones
- PhD and/or MD and 5-10 years of experience in academic or community clinical oncology, Biotechnology/pharmaceutical company, or entrepreneurial start-up or mid-size company
- Real depth of understanding of the clinical oncology treatment landscape and related molecular biology/genetics
- Background in mathematical, computational, and/or patient data arenas of biomedicine
- Strong business acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth
- Able to effectively manage multiple high priority projects while meeting established timelines
- A robust talent management strategy to keep and develop talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience and understanding of a rapid growing startup culture is ideal
- Highly analytical and strong emotional intelligence
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have a track record of success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the ability of our technology to change the world. Our core values of integrity, collaboration, value, diversity, and game-changing guide our behaviors with each other and our clients.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and gym membership, tasty food, volunteering opportunities, social gatherings, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.