We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As the Travel Manager, you will be responsible for the management and oversight of all corporate travel and entertainment costs incurred on behalf of the company. In this collaborative and cross-functional role, you will develop innovative solutions to some of our most pressing challenges by improving existing processes and enforcing proposed policies. Your impact will be felt across the business as you play a pivotal role in travel and event planning, budgeting, and reconciliation.
About this roll*:
- Work closely with Accounting, Finance and Events personnel to outline travel and entertainment budgets and projections. Reconcile travel budgets against actuals to assist in re-forecasting and planning.
- Partner with leadership teams to review and enhance existing travel and entertainment policies. Assure all travel and entertainment policies are economical for the company and in line with market standards.
- Establish processes for reviewing and approving travel requests to assure that employees remain in policy. Responsible for enforcing travel and entertainment policy and escalating non-compliance issues to leadership.
- Review all current policies and procedures (P&P) regarding company travel and entertainment and identify weaknesses. Work with leadership to implement efficiencies to existing P&P to assure best in class travel and entertainment program.
- Manage employee Q&A platform for travel and entertainment related inquiries. Manage any ad-hoc travel, entertainment and event requests from internal partners.
- Assist Accounting team in recording and reconciling all payments to travel agencies. Assure that charges from our travel partners are accurate and in accordance with agreed upon terms and bookings.
- Establish preferred relationships with external travel partners to assure optimizing pricing and service for the company. Leverage relationships for company events and individual bookings.
- Grow and develop a travel team as needed to meet business needs and manage direct reports as the team expands.
- Preform regular analysis of travel spend across the company to identify areas of concern, trends, and material changes.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience managing the budget and reconciliation of travel or events.
- Experience working with varying departments to assist in planning and managing travel/events
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented. Ability to analyze data and derive conclusions.
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain business relationships.
- Ability to manage small teams, enforce policies, and undertake long-term projects.
- Experience working in NetSuite or other similar SaaS based ERP systems.
- Experience working with Expensify, TripActions, or other similar T&E management platforms.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics