Trade & Logistics Coordinator (Import/Export) at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Key Role to be the first point of contact between Toast and vendors, service providers,
responsible for communication, coordination of air, ocean, truck, couriers, or any other service
needed in the transportation of Toast goods. Ensure all work, coordination, paperwork is
professionally handled, work efficiently, and work to assure all transportation services are
handled to best serve Toast and its customer in the most cost-effective manor.
- Support shipping and receiving functions at the configuration centers and from our global manufacturers
- Coordinate most cost-effective means to ship freight within expected requirements.
- Support the requirements around labeling hazardous materials and providing DG paperwork to vendors.
- Assist with all required shipping documentation (Letter of credit, Ocean Bill of Lading, Service Report Log, commercial invoices, descriptions, HTS #, Schedule B, all import and export documentation, filing AES, etc.) for import and export functions.
- Monitor and measure carriers, and all vendors during the transportation process including custom brokerage and delivery.
- Process and correct miscellaneous shipment cost issues.
- Ensure trade guidelines are followed.
- Proactively work to resolve all shipping exceptions while goods are in transit
- Ability to effectively Listen and communicate clearly to team members and vendors of status information an service requirements.
- Flexible and multi-task
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Dangerous goods trained or certified, preferred
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Strong time management skills
- Works well with deadlines
- Understand Bills of lading, terms of sale
- Understand Imports and Duty invoice
- Familiar with custom documents, 3461, 7501, HTS classification, delivery orders
- Understand International and Domestic documents and charges applicable
- Monitor, track, and update workflows
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Understand truck transportation, dispatching of documents and pre-dispatching of import documents.
- International shipping A-Z for density, size limitations, regulations and requirements.
- Domestic LTL and truckload services, multi-modal cargo density, linear ft rule, and many other
- Prepare shipping document/ Handling of shipments from A-Z
- Keep Knowledge current regulations and changes with DOT, CBP, USDA, AD/CVD, FDA, EOA, TSA and all other US Government laws
- Work with Microsoft and Chrome products.
- Understand what a booking is and to coordinate all movement and scheduling of shipments both inbound, outbound, domestic, and international. Heavy focus on imports
- Flexible schedule (may work some off hours to support global business)
- Understand density
- Transportation limited (may visit configuration centers)
“Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.