Trade Compliance Specialist at Markforged
Markforged is looking for a skilled and highly-motivated Trade Compliance Specialist to join us as a key member of our legal team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing Markforged’s Global Trade Compliance Program. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact at a dynamic and growing company. You will be based in our Watertown headquarters location and report to our Associate General Counsel.What will you own?
- Ensure Company’s compliance with export/import laws.
- Review and develop enhancements to Company’s existing trade compliance programs.
- Field all trade compliance questions from employees of the Company.
- Provide Strategic guidance on the incorporation of trade compliance requirements into the Company business processes.
- Provide compliance training to Company personnel as needed.
- Interact with trade-related government agencies in the United States and abroad.
- Support the Internal Audit group by identifying areas of potential risk.
- Ensure that proposed transactions are screened for denied Person and Entities, restricted end –uses and diversion.
- Determine product trade classification as needed, including EAR and ECCN
- Assistance with with other matters and special projects as needed
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience with trade compliance in a complex global import/export environment, including export classification and import/export regulations
- Global logistics or supply chain experience preferred
- Ability to apply Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios.
- Specialized knowledge of multiple areas within Government export / import regulations and business practices.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, including executives and senior management
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement
- An independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and who is willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.