Tier 1 Support Engineer, Boston
Greater Boston Area
The Tier 1 Technical Support Representative is the key, front-line support position, and the “eyes & ears” for the company, responsible for managing the relationship with our most valuable asset, our customers. The Technical Support Representative assists customers in resolving open issues; they help customers to achieve success through best-practice guidance and they help customers to achieve a high level of satisfaction with Privitar solutions and our customer support services. The position combines overseeing the rapid response to customer inquiries, handling enhancement requests, and analyzing common issues.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify, we have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round, and are in a phase of hyper growth.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to safely analyze and mine sensitive datasets while protecting an individual’s privacy.
- The Technical Support Representative monitors cases towards resolution and relies on experience, judgment, and product knowledge. You will be expected to take a proactive role in articulating suggestions for Development, Professional Services and Training that address enhancement and training subjects that address common customer service issues and common technical problems.
- Set the standard for reliability
- Care about our customers
- Commit yourself to success
- Work to ensure system stability, identify product issues and implement workarounds, and support production upgrades.
- Regularly document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps so colleagues and the wider community can learn from them
- Engage actively in creating test and sandbox environments to support challenging and complex customer requests.
- The position supports 24/7 on-call customer service throughout the calendar year - candidate must be available to participate in on-call rotations as required
Skills and experience
- The position requires excellent organizational skills, great follow up, and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- This is an entry-level position but Technical Support Representatives should have 1 - 2 years experience or training with one or more of the following areas:
- Prior experience in desktop, network or server support.
- Knowledge of networking is beneficial
- Good knowledge of Linux environment and command-line tools
- Familiarity working in an AWS environment
- Experience with some of the following technologies: shell scripting languages, SQL, and Java
- Additional experience supporting complex B2B software running in Linux environments is beneficial including database products, ETL tools, and BI tools.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Privitar will provide professional training where required, particularly for the Company’s commercial solutions.
- The Customer Service Representative is expected to have a “can-do” attitude and an interest in not just reacting to problems but finding the root causes and fixing them.
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description