Technical Support Specialist, Guest - Omaha, NE at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future. Through Toast’s Digital Ordering Suite, restaurants have been able to pivot and offer quick and seamless online ordering to diners!
Our Guest Support team supports the diner (guest) when problems arise from using the Toast online ordering app. This team helps guests by answering incoming questions through email (though the perfect candidate will feel comfortable with chat or phones in the future). Members of this team are hungry to learn and be everything ’Toasty” to showcase our rapidly expanding consumer software suite!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Embrace a hospitality mindset that makes Toast Customer Care a differentiator of service in the industry.
- Advocate for guests by being extremely responsive to incoming inquiries
- Receive and communicate feedback from guests to your direct manager and the Toast Product team
- Purposefully expand your knowledge of Toast’s consumer products on a weekly basis through professional development time, trainings, knowledgebase articles and the experience gained from performing the role
- Independently problem-solve with consistency. In this front-line role, it is your responsibility to provide accurate outcomes in a way that is responsive and satisfying to the guest.
- Enabled by support resources, master the art of probing questions to assess and resolve guest's needs
- Ability to quickly identify behavior that is not intended and escalate concerns quickly through proper channels
- Engage by executing a recipe for success. Being on time, ready to deliver and ‘finishing the dish’ for our customers every single time.
- Key performance indicators you’ll be measured against include: Attendance, First Contact Resolution, Customer Satisfaction and Productivity.
- Lead with your voice to benefit customers, your peers, Toast, and commit yourself to a career of growth
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Customer Care or hospitality experience.
- Open to schedules that may include weekends, holidays and nights
- Tech-savvy who can perform work on an Apple laptop, and troubleshoot an Android based software + Toast-native hardware
- Multi-tasking includes: taking notes in-real time, navigating multiple databases, investigating, working on multiple screens, speaking to the customer and collaborating with peers in a time-conscious results-driven workflow
- Empathizer-in-chief who takes ownership of the customer journey to de-escalate and empower customer outcomes
- Comfortable with a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment, and requiring Toasters to operate with great judgement
- Demonstrating to customers how Toast products work better together and providing insights which features & services could be game changers for how they optimize their restaurants
- Stays curious, gets involved, and is willing to ask + give help in their journey at Toast
*Bread puns encouraged but not required