Technical Support Manager (f/m)
Be part of something bigger
Founded by Stephan Schambach, the NewStore mobile retail platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
Customer Support is a critical function at NewStore. It is the bridge between the company and its customers.
Follow your passion
You will have the opportunity to define our customer’s experience with NewStore. You are a player/coach support professional ready to lead the growth of a word-class support organization to support retail’s most innovative brands. You will be involved in setting the tone of how we interact with customers and champion the support perspective internally with the engineering, product, and customer delivery teams. You will be a great leader because you will be solidly grounded in the team’s operations though handling inbound technical support requests from customers via chat, email and phone
You’ll be part of a flat, fast-moving organization motivated by collaboration. As part of our team, you can adapt and evolve support processes to improve the service NewStore provides to customers. (You have a partner who works weekends? No problem! We are interested in candidates who are looking for shifted work weeks - not a requirement)
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You get things done and take ownership. You disrupt current processes and ways of working. You aren’t complacent. You are curious, and an analytical thinker who sees solutions. You are open to new ideas, and share your own with candor. You leave your comfort zone. You make mistakes and learn from them, and you share your learnings and information. You ask: Did I make it better?
- You have an understanding of what it means to provide great support to a customer base and are passionate about meeting customer’s needs. You have established and improved processes before and like a challenge. You have experience with escalation processes from your prior life within a software company but know there are new and better ways to do things. You ask: How can this be further improved?
- You put the team’s interest above your own. You know that when our customers and team members win, we all win. You listen and you propose solutions based on looking at the problem from several different perspectives. You ask: Is this a win-win?
- You understand the support business and the key metrics to measure and improve. You know what motivates our teams, and our customers and how to unlock their potential. You respectfully challenge ideas, even when doing so is uncomfortable. You are also technical enough to do some damage! You ask: Can I figure this out?
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Enjoys working with customers and bringing their questions and problems to an solution
- 8+ years experience in professional software development or customer support
- BS in a Computer Science, Engineering or comparable
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience reviewing/debugging code in various programming and scripting languages
- Experience with Order Management & Fulfillment business processes, knowledge about the integration of CRM, ERP and financial systems is a plus
- Experience as a team lead including some direct reporting lines
- Being player/coach for the growing, globally-distributed support team
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud and JIRA also a plus
And of course, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), personal development budget, lunches together, travel to other offices, flexible working hours, and a generous paid time off policy.
Position is Boston-based
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401(k)
- Personal development budget
- Travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy