Technical Support Engineer at Neural Magic
*** Please note this is not an IT Support or Network Systems role. ***
Neural Magic is an early stage deep learning software company pioneering a new way for organizations to use deep neural networks without requiring specialized hardware accelerators. Founded by an award-winning team of professors and engineers out of MIT, Neural Magic is a venture-backed company headquartered in Davis Square, Somerville, MA. We are proud to be named one of the Startups to Watch in 2020 by BostInno.
Challenges that make this role interesting:
- The problems we’re solving are hard - helping global customers optimize their AI goals and achieve business impact through successful adoption of our software in a flexible and scalable way.
- Every customer is different - while there are similar use cases that we see repeatedly, every account presents new challenges; we thrive on being able to adapt quickly to each new opportunity and evolve our company mission while staying on top of the latest machine learning developments.
You will positively affect the engagement and perception of product quality through its development lifecycle, improve our brand image, and contribute to building lifetime customer loyalty. All while being on the forefront of a transformative industry!
- Build trust and advisory relationships with data science customers to help them better use our software to achieve success with their deep learning projects.
- Be on the frontline of customer love: respond and remediate customer requests to proactively guide and resolve issues.
- Be a voice for our customers during internal discussions at Neural Magic. Represent their needs and struggles to help drive the software in a strong direction.
- Stay on top of rapid innovation by testing and documenting new features and technologies as the public previews get released.
- Perform pre-release gap and bug analysis to determine the need for public-facing support content.
- Closely monitor and identify trends in customer experiences. Work with Neural Magic teams to enable customers to support themselves in the use of the software.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing, support role in any of the following: technical support, product support, developer support
- Experience with support processes and procedures as well as contributing to support readiness, creating troubleshooting guides and workflows, defining and synthesizing support boundaries.
- Aptitude and fanatical compulsion for applying analytical skills in order to troubleshoot challenging, complex technical issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and assertively with teams to drive changes to improve the reliability and supportability of our offerings.
- Ability to learn quickly and articulate new technologies and corresponding value propositions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity under continual deadline constraints.
- Passionate about working for a startup and being a recognized key contributor.
- No brainers: genuine interest in being customer-facing with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Machine learning knowledge/experience a plus.
Visit our careers page to learn more about the perks of working at Neural Magic.
Neural Magic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.