Technical Support Engineer
We're on a mission to transform global workplace communication, and we need your help.
How do you prefer to collaborate with your colleagues? By phone, video, instant message, or even text? Fuze is making it easy for businesses to embrace the modern, mobile workforce. We offer a single cloud-based platform that includes these technologies and more for simple, smart communication that works. Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices and customers worldwide, we're growing at a lightning-fast speed to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market. Bring your passion and expertise to our Support team as a Technical Support Engineer.
The Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is the perfect combination of customer service and technical ability. This role is a customer facing role, by phone and email with a strong importance on communication. This role is dedicated to addressing customer product issues, limiting the customer involvement when possible, with the goal of an enjoyable experience. The candidate for this role is to drive customer satisfaction with a combination of product knowledge and customer engagement.
- Work directly with customers through phone, email, and case management system to resolve issues and fulfill requests
- Have a calm patient attitude to listen to problems, perform research driving a reported issue towards a resolution
- Take ownership of overall customer satisfaction, recognize high priority situations and take appropriate escalation action
- Manage multiple issues in parallel, taking responsibility for meeting SLA and updating customers
- Troubleshoot, replicate, and investigate application (Windows/OS X, iOS/Android), network, handset, and end-user issues
- Document and escalate more complex issues to higher level technical teams
- Knowledge on related industry protocols. (SIP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, TELNET, UDP/TCP)
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of Fuze solutions
- Actively contribute to our customer facing knowledge base with procedural instructions providing our customers self-service element
- Take part in an on-call rotation to address high customer impact issues during off hours
- University Degree required either BA or BSC in a technical related field
- Proficient with Linux (and / or other Unix), and familiarity at the command line is preferred
- 3-5 years Customer Service related experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Good organizational & analytical skills, ability to plan, track tasks and deliver to agreed timescales