Technical Support Engineer, Boston at Privitar
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:45 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Privitar is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide tier 1 support to our enterprise customers. You will collaborate closely with our worldwide team of skilled support specialists and developers to rapidly resolve product issues and quickly address customer requests. Successful candidates must be customer-focused and technically skilled.
The Technical Support Engineer is the key, front-line support position, and the “eyes & ears” for the company, responsible for managing the relationship with our most valuable asset, our customers. The Technical Support Representative assists customers in resolving open issues; they help customers to achieve success through best-practice guidance and they help customers to achieve a high level of satisfaction with Privitar solutions and our customer support services. The position combines overseeing the rapid response to customer inquiries, handling enhancement requests, and analysing common issues.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify, we have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round and are in a phase of hyper growth.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to safely analyse and mine sensitive datasets while protecting an individual’s privacy.
- Drive customer success and satisfaction by providing solutions to complex technical problems remotely via web and phone support
- Work to ensure system stability, identify product issues and implement workarounds, and support production upgrades.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to highlight and review case trends
- Engage actively in creating test and sandbox environments to support challenging and complex customer requests.
- Regularly document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps so colleagues and the wider community can learn from them
- Create test and sandbox environments to support complex deployment scenarios
- Test issue resolutions provided by Engineering and share issue fix confirmations to customers
- Work on customer support related projects as assigned
- The position supports 24/7 on-call customer service throughout the calendar year - candidate must be available to participate in on-call rotations as required
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- The position requires excellent organizational skills, great follow up, and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting software products to customers with demonstratable knowledge of support processes and procedures.
- Linux command line skills
- Experience with AWS and other cloud platforms
- Familiarity with Database schemas and SQL
- Some exposure to Hadoop and Linux security is beneficial
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Privitar will provide professional training where required, particularly for the Company’s commercial solutions.
- The L1 Engineer is expected to have a “can-do” attitude and an interest in not just reacting to problems but finding the root causes and fixing them.
- You have a good sense of humour and think work should be fun as well as intellectually satisfying
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description