Technical Escalation Advisor I at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Technical Escalations Advisor engages directly with customers to drive retention and satisfaction with measured success based upon (1) productivity KPIs, (2) Outage Response, and (3) Proactive Project work. Advisors respond to and address complex and/or nuanced technical inquiries on Toast products and services; as well as respond to negative NPS responses and lead incident management for the Customer Care organization. These issues are escalated by Customer Care or Senior Leadership. The employee is able to apply principles and methodologies, such as empathy, good judgment, and a consultative approach, to escalated customer care interactions. As a pivotal stakeholder, Advisors partner with Restaurant Success Program Managers, Sales, Services, Product, and Finance to meet all customer needs.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Communicate effectively to de-escalate customers and minimize SaaS cancellation rate and increase customer satisfaction.
- Manage Better Business Bureau complaints to a positive outcome.
- Possess a high level of product knowledge of Toast's hardware: the function of different devices and how they operate in a restaurant environment.
- Perform thorough troubleshooting and probing analysis with the customer regarding hardware, software, general billing inquiries, payment processing, and networking. Able to conduct split-half problem analysis to narrow the scope of issues, discover the root cause to determine where the errors are quickly and effectively resolve most issues.
- Support the business by recommending process improvements to advance customer programs.
- Collaborate and actively participate with internal team members in meetings and 1:1 training to ensure we are all working together to provide a great customer experience.
- Update and maintain records in our customer database (Salesforce).
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years working in a Customer Care or Support role providing technical troubleshooting and solutions
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and is flexible with ambiguous and dynamic situations
- Restaurant experience and/or tenure at Toast is a strong plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.