Technical Academy Trainer
For the Academy role, you’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by - Academy Classroom Services:
- Work with the broader Academy team, Expert Services and University Team to ensure that both in-office and onsite training is scheduled and delivered and that all key customer training needs are met.
- Academy Classroom Delivery
- Setup and preparation of classroom courses, including materials, locations, equipment and learners.
- Delivery of Mendix training courses, for example Rapid and Advanced courses in line with global processes and standards.
- Working with Instructional Design to ensure that classroom training content is kept up-to-date and in-line with global standards.
- Delivery of Train the Trainer to ensure a single, global standard of delivery and content.
- Ownership, scheduling and delivery of all certification events, including exams and interviews as well as the timely and sensitive delivery of feedback.
- Work with Business Operations on administration associated with training, such as course feedback, attendance records and ensuring that all assigned sessions are scheduled and available for learners to book.
- Train and certify developers globally. Ensure 80% occupancy on average in each course. Deliver certification feedback within 2 working weeks
- Shared ownership of classroom version of courses such as Introductory and Advanced training as well as any new content earmarked for delivery in the classroom. Ensures that all classroom sessions are fully up-to-date with changes in the standard material.
- Work with Instructional Design in design, development and update of globally consistent, single-source content. Use this content in the delivery of classroom training and broaden its applicability using personal experiences and answering the needs of trainees.
- Ensure that the trainee always leaves clear on the value of attending classroom (vs online the online option). Ensure an average score of Good (4/5) or better in evaluations.
- Support other team members in achieving their objectives.
- Capabilities as an independent team player - be a self-starter, able to manage your own work, capable to take decisions, as well as collaborate with the Academy team and stakeholders
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- BS, Comp Sci or IT related degree
- Five plus years of work experience at a software company in a fast paced, agile work environment. Consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with teaching and training a wide variety of individuals at various technical levels.
- IT technical knowledge, specifically in low-code, rapid development.
- A passion for hands-on learning and working with customers.
- A deep passion for learning and at pace with the latest technologies that support learning and development.
- A careful attention to detail.
- Excellent English writing, presentation and overall communication skills.
- The ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- A portfolio of teaching experience
- Demonstrable experience of training and development