Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
Customer service is an important driver of core business metrics, in particular retention and lifetime customer value. We measure the effectiveness of our work through this lens. We generate long-term revenue by providing services that customers value, and we will not charge fees or markups for support services that aren’t also available through a free self-serve feature.
The Customer Service Team Lead is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for Hopper’s Ground Transportation customers, and that the day to day operations of the team providing this support is advocated for and at peak performance.
Team Leads act as helpful experts for the agent team and Hopper users. As a Team Lead, you are passionate about the success of our globally distributed team of travel experts and the happiness of Hopper users. The ideal candidate will have material experience working with customers and a solid understanding of how to develop support workflows, as well as manage the support team's day-to-day work.
You will also work closely with our Product team to ensure that the pain points our customers experience during their travel journeys, and how our products help or fall short of solving those pain points, are addressed and accounted for. Lastly, you will work as a coordination layer with the broader Customer Service organization within the business unit to evaluate and manage team performance and quality, implement new processes and features and support the launch of new lines of businesses.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build, lead and drive performance for team members and help end-customers and customer service partners have an excellent service experience with Hopper
- Set clear service level goals and deliver results, providing regular feedback on performance while developing a high-performing team culture
- Build the organization using levers such as training, workforce planning and defining team processes and organizational needs for Hopper's enterprise customers
- Advocate for our customers at every step of the way to provide data-driven, actionable insights for our product teams.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer service operational leadership role, preferably in Travel, SaaS and/or FinTech. Experience managing distributed teams and outsourced service providers is crucial
- At least two years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets
- At least three years of relevant experience working with GDSes (Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus)
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
- Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description