Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who can help design, implement, and maintain a rapidly scaling infrastructure which deploys code multiple times daily. CarGurus is experiencing rapid growth and this person will play a key role in US and global expansion.
This is an opportunity to join a talented team of engineers who ensure the highest levels of performance, security and availability. There will be great projects that range from challenging to a quick fix. Your fellow engineers have a diverse background and are willing to help. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Support critical systems and IT infrastructure in a 24/7 environment
- Build cloud-based infrastructure and systems (AWS, GCP)
- Work as a Linux Admin within a 24/7 environment
- Support global SAAS solutions for back office
- Work with development teams to automate infrastructure and deployments
- Support core applications such as
- CentOS/RHEL, MySQL, Java, Tomcat, Apache, ElasticSearch, Rundeck, Cacti, Nagios, Observium, OpenNebula, Nutanix, Chef, BASH, Perl, Python
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of experience working with Linux systems
- Have a passion for configuration management and infrastructure as code (chef, terraform, ansible)
- Experience with the following technologies:
- CentOS/RHEL, MySQL, Java, Tomcat, Apache, ElasticSearch, Rundeck, Cacti, Observium, OpenNebula,Chef, Ruby, BASH, Python, Git
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Advanced knowledge of Juniper Security, Switching, and Routing platforms
- Have a passion for configuration management
- Knowledge of wireless network design, deployment and administration
- Microsoft AD experience
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate at the highest level
- Infrastructure as code (chef, terraform, ansible)
- VOIP and Call center/CTI experience
- Familiarity with Layer1/2/3 network design and administration: Cabling, Subnets, VLANs, Multicast/Broadcast, Spanning Tree
- AWS, Softlayer platform experience
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.