Systems Engineer (Night Shift)
We are looking to add a mid-senior level member to the Vestmark Managed Services team. As a systems engineer, you will ensure that Vestmark delivers and continues to deliver a high performance and reliable service. You will work on the next revision of our service whether it’s architecting, designing, contracting, re-engineering or implementing the next generation of our service. You will be the primary problem solver for IT service issues. You will work on routine system performance analysis, recurring system maintenance, network troubleshooting, system administration and more. We are looking for someone with experience in production data centers, someone that understands the critical nature of that business, and with a high level of attention to detail to help us keep our services running smoothly and constantly improving. The team is made up of level-headed, well-organized, and smart individuals that enjoy working together, and enjoy the constant flow of new challenges.
Shift hours: M-F 6 PM to 2:30 AM
- Work with other system engineers to resolve SaaS issues
- Monitor trends of system issues and propose solutions to recurring problems
- Work with the lead system engineer(s) to enhance server monitoring
- Monitor daily/nightly operations including system backups, database backups and resolve open issues
- Schedule system changes on production servers as and when required
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, applications, database, storage) and assist other system engineers to resolve advanced system issues
- Work with senior systems engineer on patching Windows servers, ESXi hosts, Cisco devices and more
- Work closely with the storage administrator and periodically test storage replication between the sites. Document critical processes including data snapshots, DR replication, storage failover etc.
- 4+ years of work experience in a production data center setting
- 4+ years of experience in Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2008R2, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Clustering)
- 2+ years of scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Perl etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with server virtualization using vmWare
- 2+ years of experience with server monitoring tools
- Significant work experience with MS SQL Server and SQL Performance Analysis
- Significant work experience with High Performance Storage Subsystems (e.g. 3PAR, Netapp, etc.)
- Significant work experience with MS Windows Performance Monitoring and Analysis
- Familiarity with network technologies including VLAN, HTTP(S), SSL/TLS, SFTP, Load-balancers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.