Systems Administrator at Markforged
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (EST) on Monday, August 26, 2019
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
We're looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You'll report to the Director of IT and will work alongside all aspects of Markforged.
You will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. This position offers a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.
In this role you will:
- Manage complex technical challenges across departments and stakeholders
- Support and solve problems related to macOS, Windows, Linux
- Assist with automating common processes
- Keep knowledge base updated and deliver training when needed
- Assist the security team in implementing security tooling such as: Endpoint protection, Security incident and event monitoring system
- Maintain and document security configuration management for laptops, workstations, and networking infrastructure
- Research and implement cutting edge tooling across macOS, Windows, and Linux endpoints
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience supporting business systems, including configuration, patching, and diagnosis of macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android
- Deep understanding of modern cloud-first, SaaS-first IT environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and empathetic instructions to users of all technical skill levels
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues and projects
- Highly organized, precise with great attention to detail
- Experience managing enterprise software
- Experience working with endpoint configuration management tools, we use JAMF and Intune
- Ability to provide concise documentation
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work with minimal supervision in an environment with changing priorities and multiple projects
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a hyper growth startup environment
- Experience with audits and certifications such as ISO27001, SOC2, and FedRAMP is a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description