System Management Specialist
InterSystems seeks a Systems Management Specialist with a background in large Windows and/or Unix environments and experience of OS Scripting. Providing support for our TrakCare (healthcare information system) deployments, the Systems Management Specialist is responsible for the overall delivery of the System Architecture Plan and the implementation, configuration and management of resources.
The Systems Management Specialist will generally perform the following functions:
- Manage the internal systems and environments where the InterSystems products are installed. Monitor and maintain these environments in a proactive manner in order to avoid interruption of the services provided by the platform.
- Support defined system areas and provide technical support for the deployment of InterSystems products.
- Responsible for the overall installation and maintenance of the Systems Architecture for InterSystems products and ongoing management of associated resources and activities to ensure that software is delivered line with internal requirements.
- Communicate with the appropriate internal groups to obtain support as well ensuring standards are maintained for the configuration and support of InterSystems products.
- Provide general environment management for InterSystems product patches/releases/builds
- Provide technical support for product solutions focused on infrastructure and platform.
- Troubleshooting and performance analysis for internal and client environments.
- Monitor and respond to Technical Team calls on the TRC logging system.
- Support and testing of both internal and external product related tools e.g. patching tool, print service, etc.
- Assist with technical requests such as architecture, configuration, hardware sizing, etc.
- Support the development of training materials for technical courses such as system administration.
- Support the development of documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, and FAQ’s
- Participate in the on call 24 hour support service as required.
- Production of training materials for technical courses such as system administration, custom development or reporting
- Production of technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-tos
- Responsible for participating in on-site technical training if required
- Responsible for participating in on-site technical implementations if required
- Responsible for participating in the on call 24 hour roster service
- Responsible for scripting, maintenance and verification of backups
- Provide assistance in researching new architectures, configurations, methodologies and products
- Experience with installing, configuration and managing InterSystems Caché Databases is a bonus.
- Knowledge of InterSystems Caché Object Script programming language is a bonus.
- Experience managing Linux Servers with advanced apache configurations is a must.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree (STEM highly desired)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.