We are looking for a strategic executive to lead our active Corporate Development program in a dynamic, high growth marketplace. The SVP of Corporate Development will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to develop opportunities that expand our suite of solutions as well as market reach. In this role you will need to be a visionary, planning for the future growth and scale balanced with a understanding of who new opportunities impact our P&L.
The SVP of Corporate Development will lead our transaction team and be responsible for all active deal related activity from negotiations through valuation, diligence and integration. In this leadership position you will be expected to work closely with all of the relevant functions as well as our entire executive team to ensure smooth and timely execution of our M&A objectives as well as successful integration and realization of the overall benefits.
The SVP of Corporate Development will serve as a member of the senior leadership team, providing strategic direction and acting as a thought leader with primary responsibility for developing and executing innovative strategies to achieve business objectives and meet company goals. In this role, you will adapt goals for the business function in alignment with Everbridge’s strategy and ensure initiatives are planned and executed with the desired business outcomes. This position is based in our Burlington office.
What you'll do:
- Knowledge of all deal types; ranging from acquisitions, divestures, licensing, and complex partnerships that are strategically important to the company.
- Establish a business plan for Corporate Development that aligns with Company’s plans and objectives
- Conduct analysis of prospective target company’s business to determine fit and alignment
- Lead the negotiations, deal structuring, diligence and integration management of all corporate development activities
- Balance deal value with culture and financial fit for our overall business
- Prepare business proposals for the Executive Team to overview new M&A opportunities
- Work collaboratively with all business units and departments in order to execute on strategic goals
- Keep current with Everbridge product offerings and corporate direction
- Represent Everbridge in relevant industry groups and M&A events to create external awareness
What you'll bring
- You will typically have 15 years’ experience in at least one of the following: mergers and acquisitions, corporate or business development. We would prefer financial expertise while not being a “banker” as well as current or prior experience within enterprise software and a related technology in a Corporate Development role.
- Deep understanding of SaaS, Enterprise software for business-critical applications and related ecosystem that we operate in.
- Be an expert relationship builder
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with the company’s cross functional operations
- Have a strong understanding of Finance, specifically item factors impacting P&L to execute your business plan
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Expert in a variety of the SaaS enterprise and technology concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of Everbridge’s business applications and internal organization
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Master’s degree or global equivalent in a related field is preferred
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read Full Job Description