Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators gather, understand, and act on meaningful data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, more than seven million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
Panorama’s engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with many other teams (and our users!) to brainstorm and build solutions to some of education’s toughest problems. While we have strong technical chops, we make sure to constantly challenge ourselves and grow. From lunchtime guest speakers and weekly book clubs to hackathons and open-source projects (both in the office and outside it), our team strives to constantly improve as we help schools around the world do the same.
A critical part of our Engineering work is supporting the delivery of our products and offerings to our school and district partners. This work ranges from designing the technical implementation of complex survey programs for some of the largest school districts in the country to investigating discrepancies during data imports. This work is fast-paced and high-impact for our team and for our clients. As an early member of the Engineering team focusing on support, you will help grow and shape this work to be the as effective as it can be at a rapidly-growing, fast-paced startup.
In this role, you will:
- Join the Engineering team as a Support Engineer, specializing in helping our clients and colleagues get the most value out of Panorama’s Platform.
- Work closely with our Client Success team to solve the challenges of implementing Panorama in a variety of districts.
- Work through our engineering support queue including triaging client needs, collaborating with teammates in CS and Engineering, and getting your hands dirty debugging the underlying technical problems.
- Learn the ins and outs of our product to not only provide technical guidance but to help coach and teach teammates who are learning the product as well.
- Help our growing support team measure, understand, and optimize our existing engineering support process.
- Identify and prioritize tools and features to make using Panorama easier and more effective for all of our clients.
Our ideal candidate:
- Loves to learn and be challenged; no problem is too big, no detail is too small, and no task is too complicated.
- Has a track record of being organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at time management.
- Is a great communicator and collaborator; you’ll be working closely with other engineers, members of our Client Success team, and, in some cases, our clients-- warm, clear, and precise communication is important.
- Is excited to work in a tight-knit team, and someone who successfully works independently with little oversight.
- Loves to problem-solve - and to do so with energy, creativity and warmth. But you are also a “systems thinker,” looking for ways we should continually improve engineering support to make it more consistent, more successful, and to enable our product to be the best that it can be.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.