Support Engineer - Remote at Appcues
We’re building a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact helping our customers build something their customers will love. You’ll be empowered to put customers first on a daily basis. Support is more than just spending your time hammering away at a queue—it’s proactively making help even easier to come by, and anticipating the needs and questions of our customers before they have them.
Most of your time will be spent doing things like debugging an Appcues implementation within a customer’s application, customizing a customer’s Appcues theme with CSS, debugging potential issues reported by a customer, or fixing broken CSS selectors to get a flow live before a tight deadline. That being said, every person on the support team spends 20% of their time out of the queue working on initiatives and projects to help propel our support strategy into the future, and you will be no different. You will become an essential voice for our mission. You’ll drive happiness for customers and our audience at large both in and out of the inbox.
Your objectives will center around supporting our customer base both proactively and reactively, and will include some of the following:
- Handling any email tickets that come through about technical problems related to improperly constructed HTML or CSS, issues with React and other SPAs, or other technical problems with the internal or external Appcues product.
- Setting up calls to debug complex technical issues particularly with clients that have security restrictions (VPN etc).
- Joining calls with prospects to talk about technical limitations, product fit, and best implementation with events and properties.
- Debugging issues with styling and design, specifically custom CSS. Any issues that come through from prospects or customers related to styling their new flows will go to you.
- Handling any tickets related to passing through events or user properties.
- Triaging technical tickets and collaborating with our engineering team to find potential solutions.
You may be a great fit if:
- You’re willing to commit to working a minimum of two years on our support team upgrading processes, helping our customers, and implementing new functionality to help our customers be even better.
- You have experience working at a remote-first company and are comfortable working remotely.
- You like empowering users with the knowledge to do things for themselves in the future, not just fixing things for them.
- You love collaboration. You want to work with members of the support team and teams outside of support to do what’s right for the company and the customer.
- You're excited to gain a deeper understanding of how our software and integrations work. Our customers use different web/mobile technologies and you are hungry to understand how they work and how Appcues can work with them.
- You’re an A+ listener and communicator. You can synthesize feedback and be the voice of the customer to help your teammates become better marketers, designers, builders and more. You’ll also be eager to spend your days speaking with customers on the phone, via email, and through chat.
- You’re ardent about figuring things out and comfortable being uncomfortable. Our team is small, but we’ll give you the autonomy to help build better processes and continually improve.
- You’re driven and goal-oriented. With so much freedom and autonomy, it can be difficult to stay focused. Striving towards the prize on the day-to-day is what aligns us as a company.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people. Culture fit and drive to help are more important than experience.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.