Strategic & Technical Operations Manager
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We’re looking for an experienced technical alliances professional to join our high achieving Strategic Program Management Team, and manage Acquia’s largest infrastructure relationship. You will be responsible for maintaining and establishing new relationships within the provider, overseeing multiple initiatives, developing or guiding solutions, and driving new opportunities.
What’s Needed to Succeed
The right candidate will have a track record of exceeding expectations, demonstrate a high degree of motivation, technical and business savvy, and thrive in a hyper-growth environment. You understand how to map out a large, global services organization, identify key people, and affect change through them. You understand the foundational elements of a successful alliance, and how to secure commitments and set expectations that turn quickly into action. You know how to build alignment between internal colleagues and partner employees at all levels, and are effective at building deep trust between yourself and both of these groups. To be successful in this position, you must be highly organized, creative and a self-starter who is able to think big, execute flawlessly and stay focused on the details. This role requires very strong cross-functional interlock and communication as the audience is diverse.
- Establish and maintain key working relationships with cloud vendor.
- Lead initiatives that tightly aligns Acquian’s strategic and tactical business objectives to its long-term cloud infrastructure investment, resulting in a platform for our colleagues and customers to architect the most innovative and digitally transformative experiences.
- Track dependencies related to strategic project/programs.
- Drive continuous innovations and improvements to processes in an effort to cultivate program efficiencies, including those related to cost-optimization tactics.
- Manage internal governance teams, functional leaders to set expectations and achieve alignment from all stakeholders across Acquia.
- Proactively negotiate issues with a solutions mindset to effect measurable and meaningful changes to the organization and bring bigger perspectives.
- Partner with cloud vendor’s business and technical staff dedicated to Acquia to understand their needs to ensure we are building and delivering programs that enable Acquia to deliver the right outcomes leveraging the provider’s services.
- Participate in relevant cloud vendor’s partner programs to create and drive revenue opportunities for Acquia.
- Partner on GTM programs to drive joint engagement with cloud vendor.
- Set and manage a set of input and output goals for the organization and provide regular and consistent reporting and analytics.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior executive team.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- 4+ years of experience in large corporate environment preferably cloud services industry.
- 4+ years of experience driving end-to-end cloud vendor management capabilities.
- Have utilized a broad understanding of cloud services solutions and knowledge of related industry trends and methodologies to advance the organization’s cloud performance and operations across multiple domains.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and manage a team of professionals.
- Innovative problem solver and strategic thinker, along with strong business acumen and analytical capabilities.
- Strong change management capabilities.
- Strong Executive leadership skills; collaborative partner able to influence and drive accountability across organizational and domain boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Expertise in project management principles and techniques.
- Strong presentation and excellent interpersonal and presentation / communication skills
- Willingness to grow technical skill-set in line with program expectations.
- Experience in vendor spend analysis and continued success in controlling and driving down vendor costs a plus.
- An understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service would be preferred.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.