Strategic Success Manager - Security at VMware
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This role will sit in VMWare's Security Business Unit, VMWare Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Strategic Success Manager (SSM) is responsible for ensuring the overall success of a portfolio of strategic accounts with VMWare Carbon Black products. As a senior member of the Sales Customer Success team, the SSM is responsible for driving success and value of the products within the assigned customers and partnering with Field Sales team (Regional Director and Regional Account Manager) for renewal and add-on opportunities. The SSM is adept at developing and nurturing a consultative relationship with CISOs and other key security leaders within a customer organization, as well as building relationships with security personnel. The SSM is skilled in navigating the diverse needs of the customer/company and the VMWare Carbon Black, services, support, product and engineering teams.
- Manages a portfolio of strategic accounts throughout their lifecycle with VMWare Carbon Black
- Works with Sales Account Manager to bring in renewals and add-on opportunities
- Builds and elevates strategic relationships with CISOs and other key security leaders within their account
- Presents quarterly business reviews with customers to ensure ongoing partnership
- Ensures a smooth and successful transition from the engagement manager on the service delivery to operations
- Works with customers to define value and keeps them apprised of new product features
- Facilitates regular roadmap conversations between customer and product management
- Sets and manages customer expectations while continuing to highlight VMWare Carbon Black's distinctive value proposition in the market
- Reviews health dashboard and opens cases on a regular basis and has technical ability to do assessments of issues; escalates issues as required
- Apprises VMWare Carbon Black's management of overall health of customers (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Assists VMWare Carbon Black marketing by encouraging customers to appear in VMWare Carbon Black related marketing materials/events including but not limited to, customer reference calls, whitepapers, magazine quotes/articles, speaking at conferences
- 8+ years of Customer Success, Account Management or Client Management experience
- 5+ years of enterprise security software experience
- Proven long-term customer relationship skills; passionate about customer success
- Solid understanding of IT security strategies
- Track record of hitting quota and delivering success to customers
Location: Remote In United States