Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The position reports to the Director of Security and Privacy Compliance and works directly with the Nuance Enterprise Sales and Corporate teams.
The Senior Solutions Security Consultant's main responsibility is to understand and represent Nuance’s environment related to data security and privacy for our Enterprise division. This individual will respond to, interact with, and provide support and documentation to relevant customer discussions, questionnaires, assessments and other related inquiries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have the ability to fully understand Nuance Enterprise products and the security functions within those products.
- Engage the customer in active discussion related to the security aspects of Nuance solutions both through active (direct) and passive (indirect – supporting others) means for continued deal progression
- Good understanding of Nuance’s information security plans and policies related to Nuance Enterprise solutions, including how we respond to and recover from outages, potential security breaches, etc. at Corporate and Enterprise levels.
- Awareness/enablement of key Sales Support resources on Nuance’s information security standards, policies and best practices to enable individuals to respond to customers independently
- Contribute to organizational process improvements in the sales cycle as it relates to security and privacy, including processes related to developing use cases and knowledge management
- Support and lead RFP, RFI, ISQ processes related to security and privacy.
- Collaborate with peers and Global Security on appropriate customer-facing conversations and documentation. Maintaining document knowledge base to Sales Engineering Team
- Possessing Nuance Customer Experience (CX) passion, a client-service mindset and holding line-of-sight business unit accountability. Ability to Lead large/distributed teams with influence
- Collaborative and highly communicative, including with external parties
- Provide honest feedback and employs rigorous talent development practices – including mentoring/knowledge share to others
- Support and lead customer-driven security sustainment assessments
- Comfortable with supporting and leading customer-facing contract reviews and negotiations
- Communication of security posture and architecture to customers, as requested
- Communication of identified issues and risks resulting from client-facing assessments or activities to upper management for response and/or resolution
- Review relevant data with the division providing observations, recommendations and conclusions relative to new/existing customer needs
- Good understanding of privacy, its implications for Nuance and its customers and the ability to provide appropriate advice for current and emerging Privacy control requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
Years of Work Experience: 4 or more years in required field
- Previous experience working in a consultative or Big-4 role
- Ability to effectively interface with technical staff
- Ability to relate business requirements and risks to policy and technology implementation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated with an ability to function with little oversight, work remotely and manage multiple concurrent projects/deliverables with varying deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management, time management and presentation skills. Ability to manage through ambiguity and be confident and effective in high-pace/high-demand environments.
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation
- In-depth experience working with multiple security frameworks/standards (i.e. ISO, Cloud Security Alliance, PCI DSS, NIST, SOC, HIPAA).
- CISSP, CISA or CISM, additional GIAC certifications
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artificial Intelligence)
- Experience with software development/QA life cycle (SDLC), Cloud/SaaS experience preferred.
- Knowledge of complex application, network, virtual environment security, and systems operations
- Knowledge of risk assessment and remediation procedures
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.