Sr. Security Systems Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As part of the Nuance Global Research & Development HPC Engineering Team, this position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving security solutions & integrations across the GR&D organization. This engineer will join a team focused on the architecture and operations of global high-performance compute infrastructure, including cloud deployments, focused on maintaining and enhancing Nuance’s global security and privacy programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will work with Nuance divisions which support Nuance Research platforms in large scale and cloud-centric environments, and will be responsible for the design and implementation of security services as well as participation as a contributor to security architecture
- Provide security expertise to internal clients on topics ranging from security architecture, hardening, monitoring, incident detection, and response, as well as gap analysis for security improvements and critical controls
- Act as a subject matter expert on cloud security, designing controls for hosted research environments ranging from IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Participate in the review and/or evaluation of information security products and/or services
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline, MBA a plus
Years of Experience: 5+ years experience in technology program management or project consulting in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, working with mid- and senior-level global leaders in the organization.
- Systems Engineering Background or experience working with R&D engineering teams
- Solid operating system security skills with a focus on Linux environments, as well as network security concepts
- Experience with securing environments on one or many of the major cloud providers (Azure preferred, but open to AWS, Google., IBM)
- Solid experience working with common security standards and frameworks. SOC II and any of the following are highly desireable: HITRUST, CIS20, CSC, NIST 800, HIPAA.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment & agile workflows
- Experience with security-related technical tools and processes is required (e.g. Archer, Nexpose)
- A proven track record of integrating different systems together to achieve security goals
- Previous experience in the HealthCare industry and/or with HPC Research Environments
- Security and privacy certifications such as OSCP and SANS
- Technology or IT leadership, preferably with project or program management experience
- Efficiency with at least one scripting language
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.