Sr. Manager, Risk Strategy at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help
restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is
on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they
do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants,
by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in
experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Fintech Risk team at Toast is responsible for driving risk informed growth for the rapidly expanding
Toast Fintech line of business. Whether it is enhancing our strategy and processes, sharpening our
policies or identifying new products for our merchants, the risk team is an integral part of charting the path
for the business. In the role of Sr. Manager, Risk Strategy, you would be responsible for shaping and
implementing the credit and operational risk strategy for Toast Fintech. This role will involve leading
cross-functional collaboration to build solutions for our merchants, partnering with ecosystem players to
optimize risk for Toast, increasing risk visibility to management, and driving innovation in risk capabilities
to unlock new return opportunities. Understanding of traditional risk management, creative and analytical
thinking and a data driven mindset is key to success in this role.
About this roll*
- Define credit risk strategy and risk taking boundaries in line with company risk appetite
- Collaborate with R+D, Product functions to build tools for effective risk management
- Collaborate with Business and Finance to define growth strategy and path
- Build robust data and reporting structure with support from data platform, BI and accounting
- Liaise with Data Science and Engineering to drive automation efforts
- Fortify operations with evaluation and design of processes across emerging areas of the business
- Manage a team of credit and operational risk analysts
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 8-10 years of experience in retail/consumer/SMB finance in a risk or strategy role preferably in Fintech
- At least 2 years of experience of managing people
- Quantitative degree (Mathematics/Statistics/Economics) preferred, Masters Degree a plus
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Corporate Finance and Accounting
- Fluent in SQL; experience with Snowflake a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Data driven, with a passion for efficiency
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances, and understand root causes
- Ability to navigate a cross-functional non-hierarchical environment to lead collaborations
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.