Sr. Manager-Retail Excellence at NewStore
NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone. It provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. With an API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners, retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Brands that run on the NewStore platform include Decathlon, Outdoor Voices, UNTUCKit and more. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered ecommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Retail Excellence, will be a key partner to the internal teams and external customers of NewStore by assisting in the development of retail education and training strategies, as well as owning training design and development, coordination, and delivery.
The ideal candidate will take a consultative mindset to their work and will partner with key stakeholders at all levels to help develop an approach appropriate for internal teams and external end-users. They will work in close partnership when needed with stakeholders and SMEs in various parts of the business, including professional services, retail success, product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and finance.
The ideal candidate will be organized, creative, analytical, and able to manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced, high-energy, start-up environment.
- Responsible for training design & development, training coordination, training delivery plans, and training facilitation.
- Create training materials utilizing various tools and multimedia including video
- Work with cross-functional partners and clients to evaluate training needs and requirements to support business adoption and development. (Internally: Professional Services, Retail Success, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. Externally: Retail, Operations, Customer Service/Experience, Marketing).
- Ensure knowledge transfer and evaluation plans are in place for accountability and potential user/training certification.
- Partner with VP, Retail Excellence on training strategy and roll out plans, including researching tools to expedite and elevate material creation, maintenance, and delivery.
- Onsite travel for client training may be required on occasion
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience specifically in training and development, including materials creations and delivery
- Experience in the retail landscape is required
- Experience with instructional design, systems/technical training preferred
- Experience with eLearning creation, designing for an optimal end-user experience
- Experience in consulting or advising
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Systems and/or technical training preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strategic collaborator
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Proficient creating multimedia training including videos