Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Working directly with members of our Executive Team, the Sr. Executive Assistant provides executive support in a close working relationship. The Sr. Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to that Executive. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Sr. Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
About this roll (responsibilities):
- Provides calendar support; proactively anticipates issues that may arise with timelines, projects, travel, and scheduling.
- Manage cadence of meeting forums and provide logistical support to run presentations and handle Q&As through tools like Sli.do and Google forms
- Proactively identify, gather and communicate meeting instructions and context/purpose (e.g., meeting objectives, agendas, pre-reads, meeting logistics, etc.), includes agenda or memo in calendar invite for more effective meetings
- Manage priorities based on customer meetings, fiscal calendars, current projects, off-sites, etc.
- Aligns with executive on weekly priorities
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple dimensions of the company and be agile and flexible in response to changing priorities and needs
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and lead various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly onsites/offsite, team-building events and other ad hoc events as required
- Special projects may include more complexity (e.g., enhance and maintain systems and processes to help maximize time, identifying where there are gaps and/or when iterations may be needed in order to optimize for efficiency)
- Lead organizational & executive rhythms, run point on cross-company special projects and be the driver behind the executive team operations
- Ability to influence business stakeholders and outcomes when needed by considering the needs of the whole team/company as opposed to leaders who are focused on their own areas
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- 8+ years of related work experience and general knowledge of their functional area
- Experience supporting a C-level/E-staff executive in a high paced corporate environment
- Experience working in a tech/SaaS industry preferred
- Technical experience with Google suite, Zoom, Slack, TripActions, Slido, Expensify, Workday
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can execute a task with limited supervision or guidance from executive
- Have the ability to handle confidential material with the utmost discretion
- Understands how functional priorities align with company level mission/goals
- Extremely organized with and adept in calendar management and orchestrating complex meetings
- Event and project coordination and leadership experience needed at an advance complexity
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.