Sr Director, Retail Vendor and Catalog Management at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Sr. Director of Retail Vendor & Catalog Management. We view the Vendor and Catalog mission space as one. Vendors provide us the Catalog Items that we retail on Chewy.com and we need better scale, tech, and speed in this eco-system to fuel our high growth ambitions. This role will be the single threaded leader for planning, strategy and execution in the Vendor and Catalog space. Chewy is looking for a balanced mix of Tech/Product and Services savvy, in our mission to treat our Vendor Partners as customers and grow our Catalog fast, with the ‘right’ assortment. You will focus on creating the best funnel design for our Vendors and Catalog, driving operational excellence in what’s manual today, as we rapidly build and infuse automation. Essentially, a problem-solving leader who will have the opportunity to create a multi-year impact by scaling our systems and services that support Vendors, business growth strategy and P&L delivery.
This role is on the Merchandising Systems and Services Team (MSS) team, that is responsible for creating the systems, services, and the process infrastructure for all Chewy businesses. Our team’s mission is to be the backbone for Chewy’s Business/Category teams, helping win long-term customer trust, business growth and profitability. We own the Pricing, Promotions, Catalog, Content and Vendor Systems & Services that have automation, product, program, and operational components. You will help us create systems and process frameworks that improve Speed, Quality and CX for multibillion USD businesses. You will be a team builder, mentor, and partner to senior leaders in a high-pace and heavily cross functional environment, so clear and effective leadership is critical.
What You'll Do:
- Own the overall vision, development and communicating the long-term strategy/goals for a portfolio of high-impact problems and influence investment choices that will lead to long-term customer loyalty and growth.
- Partner in driving roadmap decisions and work with your business/product owners to manage the roadmap supporting multiple teams and working closely with the Chewy Software Engineering org
- Own development of solution- including Vendor/Supplier Management, Assortment Management and Profitability- for multibillion dollar businesses that involve a complex and large network of vendor partners, millions of assortment/selection possibilities, and cost/pricing problems.
- Build E2E highly scalable services that are customer first and capable of performing at e-commerce scale, with millions of events/transactions every day.
- Directly recruit, mentor, and manage People Leaders, Product/Program Managers, Analysts with varying scope on complex and cross-functional initiatives.
What You'll Need:
- MBA/MS (preferably in General Management/Industrial Eng/Retail/Computer Science/Tech Management) or BS/BA in similar fields.
- 8-10 years of experience in retail management or vendor management or supply chain management.
- Experience in solving Retail/Operational issues using technology and analytics– i.e building systems, prototyping or defining tech requirements for solving problems fast, with 5+ years of experience directly owning/managing large cross-functional initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment while making data-based decisions.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud and strong programming/coding experience in any languages like Java, Python, or C.
- Position may require occasional travel.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com