Software Support Engineer at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
Our engineers are changing history way beyond git rebase -i. The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with many other teams (and our users!) to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. Sure, we have strong technical chops, but we make sure to constantly challenge ourselves and grow. From lunchtime guest talks and weekly book clubs to hackathons and open-source projects (both in the office and outside it), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
Support Engineers play a critical role in our Engineering work by supporting the delivery of our products and offerings to our school, district, and state partners. This work ranges from designing the technical implementation of complex survey programs for some of the largest school districts to monitoring the health of our applications to fixing bugs in our code. Our work is fast-paced and high-impact for our team and for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Join the Engineering team as a Support Engineer, specializing in helping our clients and colleagues get the most value out of Panorama’s Platform.
- Work closely with our Client Success team to solve the challenges of implementing Panorama in a variety of districts.
- Get your hands dirty debugging underlying technical problems.
- Learn the ins and outs of our product to not only provide technical guidance but to help coach and teach teammates who are learning the product as well.
- Help our growing support team measure, understand, and optimize our existing engineering support process.
- Identify and prioritize tools and features to make using Panorama easier and more effective for all of our clients.
- Assist with the implementation of application monitoring and alerting to better serve our internal and external clients.
Our ideal candidate can be described with these traits, but don't worry if they don't all apply to you:
- Loves to learn and be challenged; no problem is too big, no detail is too small, and no task is too complicated.
- Has a track record of being organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at time management.
- Effectively triages and prioritizes queues of work.
- Remains calm and focused when faced with high-pressure situations.
- Is a great communicator and collaborator; you’ll be working closely with other engineers, members of our Client Success team, and, in some cases, our clients-- warm, clear, and precise communication is important.
- Is excited to work in a tight-knit team and someone who successfully works independently with little oversight.
- Loves to problem-solve - and to do so with energy, creativity, and warmth.
- You are a “systems thinker,” looking for ways we should continually improve engineering support to make it more consistent, more successful, and to enable our product to be the best that it can be.
- Previous work with application monitoring and alerting is a plus!
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.