We are looking to employ an Operations Manager to join our Professional Services Team based in Cambridge. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the operations team and ensuring that appropriate and agreed service levels are achieved. The Operations Manager will work cohesively with the Implementation, Managed Services, Product Management and Development teams in the US to provide leading edge services.
The Operations Team is in the process of being set up within InterSystems and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the Professional Services Director to help lead the team development.
- Provide strong, dynamic Operational Technical Leadership to all staff in the Operations Team.
- Be respected and viewed as an authority by all technical staff.
- Develop and maintain customer confidence through targeted reporting and shared customer insight into solution performance.
- Ensure that service components under management are monitored 24x7 for availability and performance.
- Ensure that service level metrics are monitored, reviewed and reported on a regular basis and that the necessary steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified.
- Provide regular capacity planning trend reporting and predictive forecast models based on historical trends to senior management and customers.
- Provide technical oversight across all operational delivery engagements to ensure adherence to promised timelines, budgetary costs and quality standards.
- Ensure the timely completion of projects and/or work-streams owned within the team, provide updates as required, raise or address risks and issues in a pro-active manner.
- Work with Program and Project Management to ensure that the right technical resources are allocated at the right time, resolving any priority conflicts. Manage and plan the future resource requirements.
- Be the escalation point for customer and partner issues and work to quickly resolve any issues or obstacles.
- Work with the Professional Services Director to manage implementation partner relationships.
- Participate in the commercial process to lead, document and estimate the technical input to bids from an operational perspective. Ultimately provide assurance that the proposal is achievable from an operational perspective.
- Oversee the development of custom/site specific software that may or may not lead to future product enhancements.
- Provide technical support for implementation projects related to custom developments, interfaces, reports, extracts, and data manipulation routines.
- Ensure that agreed processes are followed across the team and that events, incidents and requests are dealt with in a timely manner using the appropriate operational processes and tools.
- Ensure that service components are supported in line with agreed standards and processes.
- Take responsibility for the documentation of hosted solutions and ensure that these documents continue to be updated as part of the “business as usual” operational processes.
- Ensure compliance with all documented security policies and procedures including but not limited to HIPPA, HITRUST, and SOC2 as appropriate.
- Provide advice and best practices to clients for technical areas related to configuration and infrastructure related to the deployment of the InterSystems solution.
- Produce collateral such as white papers or case study articles to be posted on InterSystems Developer Community for customers to benefit.
- Keep up-to-date with InterSystems products and Healthcare and IT industry developments and undertake any relevant self-development or training.
- Keep up-to-date with IT technologies and practices including hardware and software solutions to help provide the most efficient, highly available, and cost effective solution.
- At least 5 years of experience in operational management
- At least 2 years of experience in leadership in complex cloud & hosting operational management or similar roles
- Detailed knowledge of hosting technologies and product set
- Have managed a reasonable number of technical staff at all levels
- Personal presence and industry expertise to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to development and delivery managers and senior technical staff
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable solution delivery experience including functional/technical ownership
- Strong, practical knowledge of HL7and other existing healthcare data interchange standards. Exposure to emerging standards
- Experience of InterSystems Caché/Ensemble, IRIS or HealthShare is a definite plus but not essential
Education & Training:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree and experience
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.