Softline Sourcing Manager (China) at Perch
Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Location: ChinaPerch is a US based Amazon aggregator backed by leading investors like SoftBank and Spark Capital, who have had notable investments in companies like AliBaba, Twitter, and Wayfair. We are a leading technology-driven, consumer products company that acquires and operates Amazon third party and other D2C brands at scale. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value. Perch has raised over $900M and has acquired over 70 brands, and will be scaling our US, Europe, and Asia footprint considerably over the next year. Central to our success is the ability to strategically source new suppliers in key geographies throughout Asia. Building a robust supply chain is one of the most challenging and important parts of our success as a company. We are looking for talented operators who have a track record of delivering results in ambiguous situations. ResponsibilitiesThis person will partner with our category managers to drive business outcomes across the supply chain. Responsibilities will include:
- Execute Perch’s category sourcing strategy for a set of defined categories.
- Work cross-functionally to understand the business objectives (such as cost, quality, location, etc) of the company and our category managers to build sourcing matrices.
- Constantly evaluate the existing supplier base for opportunities or shortcomings.
- Identify, select and evaluate new suppliers through the RFx process to determine fit.
- Work cross-functionally to validate and onboard chosen suppliers.
- Conduct supplier negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a strategic sourcing role, focusing on consumer goods in multiple categories.
- Experience sourcing suppliers/products throughout Asia (not just China).
- Open to travel to manufacturers in China and throughout Asia.
- Analytical, data-driven skills.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Ideally have experience working in a global organization.
- Is a self-starter.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.