Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
Piaggio Fast Forward is hiring a detail-oriented and organized Shipping/Receiving Clerk. This position is for an experienced person with knowledge of general shipping and receiving tasks and functions. They must be physically able to handle manual tasks such as loading and unloading goods, often by hand. Good communication skills, basic computer and math skills are all necessary. Forklift experience required. Must be able to work with and learn from others in a small department. Problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and maintain focus in a dynamic work environment, both independently and with others a must. Candidates must have a strong work ethic and the ability to manage their time effectively including a reliable means of transportation to arrive on time every day. This is a great opportunity for someone to join our growing team!
Receiving / Shipping
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Manager and/or Buyer to list expected deliveries.
- Coordinate deliveries, receive shipments and complete paperwork.
- Unload trucks, inspect packages for damage, collect packing slips and reconcile to ensure accuracy of shipment.
- Follow up with vendors and suppliers regarding inaccuracies, damaged goods, and shipments delays.
- Sort, label, and place parts in their designated place per company SOP
- Enter deliveries information in the system, including packing slips, partial shipments.
- Work with AP to resolve discrepancies.
- Pack products and prepare for safe shipment.
- Create shipments of product or material accommodating internal requests.
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements.
- Process documents and materials from inbound & outbound shipments
- Proactive engagement in improving processes
- Keep warehouse shipping/receiving area organized and clean
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and participation in safety programs
- Ensure packing material debris & boxes are disposed of daily and properly in dumpster
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3-5 years warehouse experience in shipping and receiving
- Dangerous Goods Shipping certification (DOT and IATA)
- Experience with NetSuite/ERP Systems
- Forklift Operators Certificate
- High school diploma
- Experience with Google Suite
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Basic math, computer, and recording skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent work ethic with a sense of pride in the work produced
- Able to handle high-pressure situations
- Able to work independently and has Team-Player mentality
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Fully paid health benefits
- Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Commuter Stipend
- Corporate Discounts
- Generous PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401k Contribution
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.
Where legally permissible, must be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status on first day of employment.