Cogito is seeking an experienced Telephony Operations Engineer with expertise in modern VoIP telecommunications. This person has a drive to make things better, discover root causes, and never stop delivering solutions to stakeholders. This person is comfortable in a mix of languages and tech stacks. They believe in automated testing and know how to simulate production environments to test for reliability and scale. They are a Linux guru and have deployed and operated software on physical servers and virtualized instances in public and private clouds.
The Cogito Team is responsible for developing, and implementing software for telephone call capture from enterprise telephony systems. The team develops software for cloud-based and virtualized environments as well as on-premise appliances and virtual servers ensuring call centers of all sizes have secure, reliable, and low-latency integration with Cogito behavioral analytics on all their calls.
- Reliable operation of telephony call capture services in production
- Experience with triage and troubleshooting
- Automated testing
- 5+ years of experience developing production-grade software
- 3+ years of experience with VoIP telephony systems
- Bachelor or Master's degree in engineering, computer-science, or related field
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about building scalable software in a fast growing tech company
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and apply them to advancing the software stack
- Ability to develop software solutions to support customers and prospects
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- A self starter, willing to invest time and effort to learn new skills and techniques
- Excellent software scripting skills with bash or Python
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Experience in AWS
- Strong working knowledge of telephony protocols and codecs such as SIP
- Experience working with telephony systems such as Avaya CM, Asterisk PBX, Cisco UCM, Acme Packet SBC, Verint Impact 360, etc.
- Experienced and proficient working on a Linux/UNIX OS
- Fluency with distributed revision control such as Hg or Git
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience in production operations of large scale VoIP systems
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.