Senior Technical Support Manager at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is seeking a Senior Technical Support Manager to join the Support organization. Working with the Director of Technical Escalation Management, this role will assist in developing and executing objectives regarding meeting key service levels, employee and team leadership development, and operational efficiencies. As an integral member of the Support leadership team, this role is responsible for the strategic direction and direct oversight of team managers of Tier 2 technical support operations. This role is responsible for alignment and optimization of the escalation processes with our internal, and partner, Tier 1 support team.
About this roll*:
- Responsible for oversight and management of the Toast technical support Tier 2 operations, including direct supervision of the technical support managers
- Establish and enforce technical support service level agreements to establish availability, response and problem resolution expectations and timeframes
- Design and enforce incident and problem handling, and escalation policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff, including on-going performance management, feedback and coaching, identification of training opportunities, and preparation of career development plans.
- Analyze performance of technical support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas and opportunities, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Responsible for working with our Workforce Management Team to plan work schedules for Tier 2 technical support staff to ensure appropriate coverage
- Identify, recommend/develop and implement policies and procedures to improve internal operations, post-live onsite service delivery, compliance with security protocols, and adherence to Engineering escalation (red flag) best practices
- Assume primary role for distributing technical status communications and system outages to Customers and Toast cross-functional leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 4 years management or supervisory experience in a Customer Support role
- Familiar with Front of House and Back of House restaurant operations
- Technical experience with networking devices and connectivity as it pertains to Point of Sale systems
- Ability to use enterprise system tools such as Salesforce, Five9 and 15Five.
- High School Diploma of equivalent education required.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required