Senior Technical Support Engineer
Interactions is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate by transforming frustrating experiences into productive conversations.
At Interactions, we have created an environment that is based on innovation, quick-thinking and abundant growth opportunities. Our employees are smart, hard-working and invested in the success of the company. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking and innovation, and our ability to balance a start-up environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Working at Interactions is an opportunity to be part of the team that’s changing the way customer care is delivered.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Sr. Tech Support Engineer to join our Response Center team. You will work alongside other members of the Response Center team and report directly to the Director of Support Services. Drawing on your deep technical expertise, your main task will be to resolve service outages and build automated responses for recurrence prevention. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical resources.
Note that you will spend ~6 weeks training on first shift in Franklin MA before moving to work 3rd shift (12am-8am ET).
- Address service and infrastructure monitoring alerts.
- Help drive the troubleshooting of issues with a focus on restoring service promptly.
- Manage and report progress of production impacting incidents.
- Handle escalations from team members to assist with client and platform level issues.
- Coordinate incident management, recommend changes, and work on technical projects.
- Create and maintain documentation for processes, supported infrastructure resources and services.
- Drive supportability improvements by improving automation, automatic alerting, self-healing architectures, etc.
- Create new alerts, find anomalies, fix things, and ask why something broke.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot daily processes and make improvements to current processes related to production operations.
- Develop new metrics/monitoring dashboards as additional coverage events become necessary.
- Monitor and continuously improve the availability and performance of infrastructure, systems and applications.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- As a technology subject matter expert (SME), you will mentor more junior team members to stretch their knowledge and perspective.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience / technical degree.
- 7+ years experience with supporting SaaS environment at scale.
- 7+ years experience troubleshooting software.
- Ability to triage multiple issues simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Solid understanding/experience of networking, virtualization, storage, and monitoring.
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with network stack, protocols, network management and monitoring tools (Nagios, Check_MK, Splunk, Grafana).
- Solid project management and time management skills – ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Driven to learn and try new things.
- Experience supporting applications with a 24x7 SLA, and providing on-call support as part of a group rotation.
- Experience working in a NOC environment.
- Experience in a technical supervisory role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills are required, especially to non-technical and senior leadership audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate all aspects of the requirements, including the creation of formal documentation.
- Presentation skills to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working with cloud providers.
- Knowledge of SIP / VoIP.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Shell scripting).
- Hands on experience in an agile environment such as SCRUM or XP.
Interactions is a leading provider of speech and natural language technology that enables businesses and consumers to engage in productive conversations. With flexible products and solutions designed to meet the growing demand for unified, multichannel customer care, Interactions is delivering significant cost savings and unprecedented customer experience for some of the largest brands in the world. Founded in 2004, Interactions is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts with additional offices in Indiana, Texas, New Jersey and New York. For more information, visit www.interactions.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.nt on a case by case basis.