Senior Systems Engineer - ServiceNow
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, configuration and maintenance of complex systems software solutions, based on a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques. Systems software engineering/programming is a specialized area of software engineering/programming focused on software that operates/controls computer hardware and provides a platform for running end user applications. Includes operating systems, device drivers, utilities, and software; development tools (e.g., assemblers, compilers, etc.). The Senior Systems Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Systems Engineer develops and/or modifies systems software for use internally, conducts requirements gathering and analysis, writes code using lower-level assembly languages and/or higher-level languages (e.g., C) and translates/compiles into machine language for use on specific hardware, and supports software testing, deployment, and maintenance activities by correcting programming errors and coding software enhancements. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Working knowledge of enterprise DevOps best practices, with documentation and automated testing skillsets desirable
- Experience integrating SNOW with on-prem data sources. SQL & REST experience preferable
- Minimum of 2 years of development work in SNOW preferably in the IT Service Management module
- ServiceNow Certifications needed: ITIL, System Admin Madrid Cert, CIS ITSM Madrid Cert
- Knowledge of CMDB interaction with SNOW platform
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
This position may be eligible for remote work, however, those being sponsored for H1B visa must work onsite in one of our IT offices in Louisville(KY), Irving (TX) or Green Bay(WI).