Senior Systems Engineer (Security) at Vestmark, Inc.
A smart, dedicated Systems and Security Engineer who is ready to play a key role in supporting and improving the security platform of a fast growing SaaS company. You are excited to evaluate the current security framework within the Managed Services infrastructure and implement changes to better secure our services as it is delivered to internal and external customers. You will be continuously reviewing the overall infrastructure security, and analyzing trends to minimize incidents. You enjoy being involved in all aspects of the platform, not just security but are passionate about the success of the platform. You champion other people's great ideas as passionately as you do your own. You have demonstrated passion and talent for aligning security architecture, plans, controls, processes, policies and procedures with security standards and operational goals. You are accurate, focused and detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
You have 10 or more years of experience and a portfolio that demonstrates strong skills in the following...
- Security methodologies and tactics
- Windows Server and associated roles such as Active Directory/LDAP/DNS
- Protocols such as SFTP/TLS/SSL/SMTP/VPN etc
- Privileged access management
- Encryption methodology
- Virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Ability to work with third party vendors such as CyberArk/CarbonBlack/Symantec
- Powershell scripting
- AWS/Azure/public cloud
- Knowledge of audit and security tool sets
You also have a good basic understanding of and a desire to learn more about...
- Linux experience
- Security qualifications such as CISSP/CompTIA
- Review, design and lead deployments of internal tools with a focus on security initiatives and goals
- Assisting in building and maintaining customer shared infrastructure and services
- Lead efforts around security and vulnerability management and auditing
- Key stakeholder on projects including routine scanning, and analyzing vulnerabilities using tools such as Qualys
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation, that includes night and weekend shifts, and be able to resolve Critical System issues
- Participate in cross-organizational efforts to design new solutions or improve existing ones
- Mentor junior members and drive security consciousness with the organization
Vestmark is a key provider of FinTech solutions with a growing list of clients that reads like a Who's Who of household names in the financial industry. Over a trillion dollars of assets are managed daily using our platforms. Vestmark is a consistent honoree of the Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work Awards. We have offices in Wakefield, Boston, and Chicago. The Vestmark Managed Services group is in the Wakefield office. We are a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to providing world class hosted services to our growing customer base.