Senior Systems Automation Engineer - Managed Services at Vestmark, Inc.
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world-class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.
- Development of scripts to automate and facilitate integration between enterprise systems
- Design automation framework related to end-to-end infrastructure readiness, including deployment, validation and pre/post tasks
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, firewall, applications, database, storage) and assist other system engineers to resolve advanced system issues
- Guide efforts across Client Operations, Software Development, and Product teams to analyze and design the growing infrastructure and solutions supporting our SaaS product
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices are adhered to
- Participate in on-call rotation
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in a production data center setting
- 5+ years Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2016/12)
- 5+ years virtualization
- 4+ years of scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Perl etc.)
- Previous experience with Desired State Configuration (DSC) technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker or Ansible
- Understanding of Networking and SAN principles
- Understanding of Java, Tomcat, Atlassian products etc.
- Experience in application performance monitoring and system tuning (Logicmonitor, Appdynamics, Solarwinds)
- Experience developing within infrastructure as code (IaaC)
- Working knowledge of AWS and security around cloud computing
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience