Senior Storage Engineer (home office / remote / work from home) eligible
The Senior Storage Engineer responsible for the architecture, configuration, deployment, and ongoing management of large-scale production storage systems. The Senior Storage Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Storage Engineer architects and engineers clustered UNIX servers using industry standard tools. Designs and integrates storage and server networks using Ethernet/TCP/IP and one or more Fiber Channel standards. Creates and implements performance standards for storage solutions and clustered systems. Plans and develops engineering to support implementation of storage software and hardware upgrades. Analyzes, tests, and develops release procedures for software upgrades in both storage and cluster environments. Develops and maintains organizational policies and procedures relating to storage management and clustering technologies. Provides technical support to Operations system administrators. Ensures adherence to organization security standards by vendors in hardware and software implementations. Designs, implements, and supports organizational projects by assessments of business needs. Recommends acquisition of appropriate software/hardware. Provides third-tier support for the operations environment as required in both storage management and high availability solutions. Works with other organization departments to facilitate the ongoing development, testing, and deployment of systems and upgrades to existing systems. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or at least 4 years of professional IT experience
- Working knowledge of the Windows XP operating system, storage technologies and networking
- Role Desirables
- Experience with EMC storage platforms and components, ex: Isilon, VNX, VPLEX, and Cisco SAN
- Knowledge of EMC software, ex: OneFS, InsightIQ, Superna Eyeglass, Unisphere, DCNM, and VPLEX local and metro
- Experience with IBM storage platforms and components, ex: ICOS and DS8870
- Experience with Pure storage platforms and components, ex: FlashArray and FlashBlade
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Knowledge of host operating systems, ex: Wintel, AIX, Linux, and ESX
Scheduled Weekly Hours